Throttle Body Removal and Cleaning Guide

Hi all,

I've been having some throttle response problems (flat spot), juddering issues at certain revs and poorer fuel economy on my Micra K12 2003 1.2 petrol.

I tried to find a guide online that would help me remove and clean the throttle body but I couldn't find anywhere that could show me the location of the throttle body or even how to remove it.

So I decided to find the throttle body myself and undertake the removal and cleaning in the hope of creating a guide for other people who would like to know how to do it. I took some nice photos as I progressed which I could use in a guide.

I have put together a little guide on my website which should help anyone wanting to remove and clean the throttle body on their 1.2 petrol K12.

The guide is at:
http://www.limecove.co.uk/nissanmicrak12/nissan-micra-k12-throttle-body-removal-clean.html

Hopefully it'll be useful. If I've put this in the wrong forum section then apologies in advance.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris, thank you so much for this guide!

Like you, I had some random stuttering especially at lower speeds when minimal amount of throttle is used, so I decided to follow steps in your guide and try cleaning the throttle body. After doing this, my Micra responds to throttle so much better than before and feels completely a different (better) car.

You're awesome, thanks.

Mike

Hi Mike,

You are welcome. Thanks for the great feedback. Really appreciated. I'm glad it helped you.

I had similar issues with stuttering and juddering at 30 to 40 mph and when no or little throttle was applied. The clean has certainly made it much better.

I've done some other work on my car so I'm going to be putting some more guides together at some point.

Thanks,

Chris

Back