Throttle Body for Super S

Evening , Finally got round to fitting a Tb i bought off the forum 5 weeks ago one that was meant to be A1 no issues at all having been overhauled etc and its U S , worse than my existing one is juddering hesitant and idiling at 1400rpm :doh:

So anyone got a decent one that is genually A1 be much appreciated thanks Sefik(Y)

The throttle body from a 1.0 and 1.3 should fit it, dosnt have tro come form a super s model, you could try a scrapyard or resolder your existing one.

though id bought one that had been resoildered and overhauled but no luck so would rather buy a decent working unit than resoldering my existing and U S one than chance a iffy one from a scrappy !!!

would that explain the crap juddering and hesitation though??? ps how would i reset the idel then ?? thx Sef

its explained in haynes sef (disconnect the tps then blip the throttle, then adjust the black plastic allen key screw iirc)
and if the juddering and hesitation is the same with both t/b,s, then it may be another fault ?

sorry but what is the tps ??? :doh:

the plug on the drivers side of the throttle body
i also had a duff throttle body,cleaned it nicely solder'd it and sealed up the cover had to adjust idle then it ran good
(what was that mass airflow sensor transplant shown by frank recently?)

l did as suggested and no improvements !! Annoyingly the idile screw was knackered so couldnt adjust at all but it did seem to be screwed back as much as my spot on idiling TB !! so last chance saloon im going to take the throttle body of the wife s 97 1.0L and place on mine and see if it runs okay ? If no better than the induction kit is coming off and standard filter going on so at least it runs better if hestitating and down on power, but alot better than with the induction kit on as this seems to of made things worse :down:

Back