This is what i would like to do to my K11

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
in away im asking for your opinions but yet i know what ur all going to say lol.

my plans where to get a 1.3 in white, black or blue. i did want a 5door for bucket seats but now found out with harnesses its impossible to have people in the back (or near enough impossible) so a 3door is an option. move all my mods over to that. then get manifold and exhaust :)

however, i know everyone says the best mod for a person with a 1.0L is to get a 1.3 but what if i did this:

1.3 cams (£50 + between 5-10 bhp)???
janspeed manifold (£200 + between 5-10bhp)??
exhaust (£150 + between 2-4 bhp)??
better induction (have that already but need better postioning)??

there max of 25bhp or less 12bhp taking my little 1.0L to between 67bhp and 80 bhp?? somewhere in the middle possibly.

or should i not bother spending that money on the 1.0L??

prehaps im wrong regarding "BHp" predictions, but if someone could provide accurate or better results that WOULD BE SWEET?

thanks
Napster

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
craig had all those mods and his 1.0 ltr produced 73-75bhp iirc. hence why people say its easier to put a 1.3 in £500 as the exhaust new will cost more than that.

advantage being any mods you do the 1.0 ltr will bolt to the 1.3 :) exhaust/intake wise

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Thanks "Dr Zoidberg", thats what i thought. i could buy a 1.3 and put those mods on and have about 105bhp :)
i just didnt know if it was worth it and so wanted to know what people think?

it seems silly in away because the standard 1.3 is about 75bhp and making the 1.0L 75bhp with all these mods is crazy cause im still not going to out accelarate the 1.3 (possilby)??
cheers

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
thanks mate!
well i knew that the answer would have been to get a 1.3 :)
however much i would like to go out an buy a 1.3.....in away i suppose im alittle picky about it. what i mean is it must:
be a certain colour
5 door (pos 3door now)
low milage (no chance lol)
good quality crossmembers
etc.

everything that everybody looks out for anyway but there isnt any for sale nearby :-(

well ill keep looking!
thanks again
napster

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
you could still mod the 1.0 ltr if you like that car, either engine swap or the above mods.

the 1.3 route is just easier, plus it is tune-able to 110-130bhp N/A or even 160bhp if you fancy rally power lol

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Dr Zoidberg said:
you could still mod the 1.0 ltr if you like that car, either engine swap or the above mods.

the 1.3 route is just easier, plus it is tune-able to 110-130bhp N/A or even 160bhp if you fancy rally power lol

rally power!! u mean uprated cams and a ECU remap along with the standard mods like manifold, exhaust??
or do you mean TURBO it lol?

i dont know anything about swapping an engine and i suppose i could get a garage todo it, but finding a perfectly good 1.3 engine might be alittle difficult. would rather get a 1.3 car, but finding one that suits me lol, might be a problem?

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
cams ecu exhaust will see you to 110-120bhp, throttle bodies more engine work will see you 160 bhp N/A like the rally micras. will need a rebuild every month or so though lol

turbo can get 120-200bhp easy enough just not cheaply

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
Napster said:
thanks mate!
well i knew that the answer would have been to get a 1.3 :)
however much i would like to go out an buy a 1.3.....in away i suppose im alittle picky about it. what i mean is it must:
be a certain colour
5 door (pos 3door now)
low milage (no chance lol)
good quality crossmembers
etc.

everything that everybody looks out for anyway but there isnt any for sale nearby :-(

well ill keep looking!
thanks again
napster

trust me mate, when you want the perfect car you'll find it but it will be 6 hours drive away lol, i got a tow bar fitted so i could pick cars up with a towing dolly but now that i have a car i want to go and get i can't find a towing dolly!! isn't it always the way lol,

good luck mate, if you can't find the perfect car then get the closest match and then do it up :)

Ian

Ex. Club Member
nah im sure you could get near 150bhp N/A without having to rebuild. With a 9k rpm balanced crank etc you can see mega style rally power, but it does then need rebuilding regularly.

R

runaway-robot

Imo i would go for the 1.3, and it would be a 3door, 5door looks funny lol i always had my heart set on a certain colour, and it never came along, so i picked a colout i liked and not many ppl had :D lol

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
thanks alot guys!
well ill be after a 1.3 then :)

nex i was laughing at what you put about "6hour drive away", u wheren't persuading me to get this where u lol:
http://www.micra.org.uk/t7315-for-sale-my-k11-13-sr-96.html
its just to far but it is a LUSH car!

what "Dr zoidberg and ian" said about "rebuilding monthly" you mean that i will blow or break engine parts due to increased power and will need fixing regularly or you mean something different?

if i didnt get "uprated cams", but just got "manifold and exhaust" would that see me to about 90bhp or more or less?

this thread:
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=6732&highlight=fastest+k11
begining at about page 6-7 members where talking about "output bhp" with just these two mods?

runaway-robot: haahaa was funny about chosing a 3door rather than a 5door becuase it looks "funny" lol. so what colour micra do you own if you dont mind me asking?

thanks again, very much appreciated
napster