Thinking about 13x7 Starmags...

Robb

Site Supporter
Obsessing about them tbh :rolleyes: ive never been 100% happy with the look of the second facelift but im stuck with it for now and these wheels are, imo, one of few widely available styles of wheel that go with all k11s, and even the k10. They also make the se+ *cough* 'chrome' bits a little more tolerable. :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/13x7-Allo...Car_Rims_ET&hash=item20be8aaf19#ht_1910wt_952

Must say i was originally inspired by this pic (Shaun's?) but i think id prefer the lesser dished style:

star.jpg

Here is a crudely knocked up 'shop of what they would look like on my car:

carzs037a.jpg

Money has been tight up 'til now and am looking to make this car last so am thinking of treating it. :) Also, the steelies are looking pretty tired now and running out of tyres

Ive asked the seller the centre bore of these but would really appreciate folks recommendations for offset (ET6?) and size of tyres etc.

Ive entered 155/70 13 with 5 width and 38 offset for original steelies and 165/65 13 with 7 width and 6 offset for the starmags on willtheyfitdotcom would this be roughly correct? Ive just gone with that aspect of tyre as i would like some stretch, any other suggestions/amendments welcome!

So what do folks think?

The car above is my misses car and yes it is Shaun's old one but she "put" the starmags on. Don't forget there are to types of the wheels. The more dishy my misses got and the ones you 'shopped. Not sure if there is any difference in offset.

Here is her blog and some more pics

http://micra.org.uk/threads/jessyps-super-s.45936/

20110901_009-2.jpg

She is running 175/65 and she could do with much less tyre as the front is poking out and i rolled the rears.

I had no trouble at all with my pair of +6 (or where they 5 or 7?) slots on the front. 165's were good but i'd urge you to go with 55's and drop it.

I had no trouble at all with my pair of +6 (or where they 5 or 7?) slots on the front. 165's were good but i'd urge you to go with 55's and drop it.

Would i be correct in assuming 155 would give a more accentuated stretch? id be tempted by 155/65 if that were the case as the wall on a 155/70 is rather 'tall'

Sorry, I meant 55 profile, 165/55. i've tried 155/70 on a seven, and they look rubbish, the pics i've seen of 155/65 don't look much better.

i have 165/65 on et+6 starmags mk1 style, i scrub on rear with people in back and have highered it, i want to know if 160/55s will look well or stupid ?

Back