think i went through a red light

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
argh how can you tell if a camera that is on top of the lights takes pics do they need to be clearly marked as a camera as im sure some of them are only sensors to tell how many cars are in a line at the lights to change them

argh help guys as i think that is another 3 points on my lisence and in my first 2 yr :-( so i might have lost my lisence

a camera sits behind the lights. Its a giant yellow box. Sensors are on top of the lights for the traffic.

These are traffic sensors:
040929_rfoster_mp_ict_trafficlights_sensor.jpg

These are traffic light enforcement cameras (look just like gatsos):
cam5.jpg

be more careful next time mate! you might not have gotten points but you could have been hit by someone and we dont want anyone getting hurt! :)

yea it was turning red from amber as i went through it and i didnt realise till i went through and my lass went you just ran a red light i was like oh ****

If I see them turn yellow I race, I usually get through them as they turn red, I've seen the local coppers do the same so it's all good :p

If it's in the middle of the night and there's no-one else on the road, or in sight, (and I do mean clear visibility of the junction, not the many junctions now being painted with cycle lanes, making you sit back from them) then what IS the point in stopping and waiting for the lights to change?

Why don't they turn the damn things OFF when they're not necessary?

Just a thought.

- BG -

arnt some of the red light cams also speed cams as they have the markings same as gatsos near me and my detector comes up with 'red light + speed cam' so dont floor it to the lights lol ;)

then what IS the point in stopping and waiting for the lights to change?

- BG -

Because its the law!
Olly just because you've seen to the police do it doesn't mean they'd let you do the same, i often see patrol cars doing way over 70 down the motorway without any blues and two's, obviously you'd get points if you did that. If you confronted them they'd probably either deny it outright, or make some claim about how they are trained to deal with those speeds etc.

As far as i'm aware unless they are following a car they can't speed without the lights.

Because its the law!
Some laws make no sense! No I don't advocate breaking the law, but nor do I advocate senseless and unnecessary red lights making you stop for no reason at all on deserted roads. In other countries they have traffic sensors, here they deliberately hold up traffic to make more money from fuel duty/VAT etc.. Leicester also has more traffic lights per mile than most other places! :mad:

Maybe we should start a campaign about this? After all it's US paying for the fuel whilst sitting there waiting for a light bulb to go off and wasting valuable minutes of our lives in the process.

- BG -

They do have traffic sensors, if your the only car on the road 9 times out of ten you just have to slow down and they change as you arrive!

You'd have noticed a double flash, trust me, back in September last year I'd driven down to see my folks before our sons christening, and low and behold they'd changed the road layout, so there are two sets of traffic lights, a set to look at and a set to stop at, I stopped at the original set, only after I'd had a double flash, rain, dark night, driving on autopilot, not a great combination, £60 and a scribble back on my rather washed bit of paper that still gets called a drivers licence :blush: The KFC was nice though :laugh:

As for the comment on the police, travelling to work a few years ago, early morning off to milk cows, I drove up the A52 and had to use a right traffic lighted filter lane, same time every day they'd be a traffic cop travelling the opposite direction and instead of stopping he'd flash his blue light and travel on through his red light, turn it off as soon as he was through, had a few near misses, road rules and laws are there for everyone, whether or not it's a white car with a pretty blue light on or not, I actually put in a complaint about it, and never saw the police car travel at the same time as me since the complaint!

If it's dark, you could always try flashing your headlights on your approach, and if you slow it down you may find they'll change before you have to stop, doesn't work on all sets though, and don't do it if cars are approaching the other way! :grinning:

They've just added Yet Another set of lights, this time on the left filter from Braunstone Gate, supposedly for another pedestrian crossing. Not necessary at all since there are places to cross a few yards away.

It's an easy road to cross anyway being mainly used by buses/taxis and it's just before a Bus Stop, meaning passengers will have to wait while the bus stops at the lights, then wait again after it's pulled off, before they can cross :mad:

You can bet that it'll change on a timer day and night, like the ones further up, since they've already added about a minutes' extra wait time to the southbound lights crossing Hinckley Road.

(I'll keep check on this and will complain to the relevant authority, and the press, for what it's worth) :mad:

LCC is OBSESSED with traffic-lighting EVERY single bloody junction it seems. Paid for by guess who ...

FFS :mad:

Sorry for my rant, but I can't be the only one getting really fed up with this. It's another excuse to impede our progress even more. Don't these idiots think we are capable of driving using our own skills any more :mad:

- BG -

Think I'll STFU on this for a bit as I don't want to bring down the tone of this great Forum

Back