They got me

I've got home from work, opened the post and there it is, staring at me, a bl**dy speeding ticket, 40mph in a 30mph zone last Tuesday, it was a mobile camera apparently, I didn't even see it. I could kick myself coz I've only had a clean license for about 3 years, the first time since I was 17. :doh: :down: :mad: grr

hardlines mate, i got done by a mobile one - 61 in a 50 - same thing tho didnt see the thing and got a letter through post

was only in my first year of drivin tho so for the next year and bit i was driving round really carefull as i didnt want to loose my license!!!!!!!

mackem_micra said:
i got done by a mobile one - 61 in a 50 - same thing tho didnt see the thing

im glad you learnt your lesson and have slowed down since

Arnold said:
im glad you learnt your lesson and have slowed down since

o yes dont want anymore of them horrible things landing in my lap or on my license!! lol!!

Ems said:
Bad luck. Let's hope u stick to the speed limit's next time!!

I normally do, but I think I was late for work and charging for a green traffic light, stupid really coz I know the road I was caught on is famous for traps, but only around 2.00 pm surprisingly.

Just looking at the ticket, and it says a Micra, but I've got a march, a technicality to get me off perhaps. :suspect:

sonic said:
Just looking at the ticket, and it says a Micra, but I've got a march, a technicality to get me off perhaps. :suspect:
haha!! i wish things were that easy - that aint a bad idea though!!!:laugh:

I've never understood that, because you gotta tell the insurance company for 5! Bloomin' silly, but that means mine come off next april! :)

sonic said:
ust looking at the ticket, and it says a Micra, but I've got a march, a technicality to get me off perhaps. :suspect:

Do not sign anything yet! I think you might actually have a case here. If your car is registered on the V5 document as a March and NOT a Micra, then a mistake has been made and the evidence may not stand up in a court of law.

People have been let off speeding tickets for the incorrect vehicle name/time/date/registration details on the speeding ticket itself before.

Even the slightest error and the evidence can fall down. Remember that speed cameras rely upon people just accepting guilt without even questioning the details of the offence that they have been accused of.....

I'd recommend you try putting a question up on here http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/index.php and you may find an answer to this.....

gam1984 said:
Do not sign anything yet! I think you might actually have a case here. If your car is registered on the V5 document as a March and NOT a Micra, then a mistake has been made and the evidence may not stand up in a court of law.

People have been let off speeding tickets for the incorrect vehicle name/time/date/registration details on the speeding ticket itself before.

Even the slightest error and the evidence can fall down. Remember that speed cameras rely upon people just accepting guilt without even questioning the details of the offence that they have been accused of.....

I'd recommend you try putting a question up on here http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/index.php and you may find an answer to this.....

U would need a bloody good loyer tho (or how ever u spell it) like that one that keeps getting all the footballers off on tequnicalities

Gemma85 said:
U would need a bloody good loyer tho (or how ever u spell it) like that one that keeps getting all the footballers off on tequnicalities

LOL!! It's Lawyer Gem!! (i think)

sonic said:
Can't be arsed fighting it, I think I'll just pay it and take the points.

Well its your decision. Personally I'd fight it all the way because I'm on the new drivers act and can't afford to get any points on my licence, but your situation is probably different.

If you do change your mind though, look at the link I put up and see what the guys there have to say. You don't have to return it for upto 28 days anyway, so you have plenty of time to think about it.

that sucks mate, i got caught the day after i got my first car, on a road that had been 40, but got re rated at 30 and they put cameras on it, oopsy

so now im driving like a granny till november and im off the new drivers act...

Cheers magpie, I've downloaded the Pace witness letter of the Pepidoo site and am going to look into it, either the CAB or a solicitor should be able to help me on this one.

Just thought I would say a friend of mine did that letter trick, it worked for him too. I have posted about this before on the MSC with lots of info on it, do a search, I dont think many spotted it.

gam1984 said:

yeap this is true, i got let off with a £30 fine for not wearing a seatbelt, all because they got my postcode wrong :wasntme:

I finished work at 2 this afternoon and guess who was hiding behind a bus shelter on the road I was copped on, sly barsteward that he is.

that is harsh mate, i had a clean license for 2 years and then i got two fines within a month of each other!!!

He didn't get me this time though, I'm taking it easy round there from now on, I might even start making signs to put at the road side and carry one in the boot, next time he's there I could put it up at the end of the road, that'll spoil his fun and games. :laugh:

my mam apparently got caught on a camera in boldon near me but we were on holiday in france at the time. she had to show plane tickets and credit card receipts and stuff to prove she wasnt in boldon at the time!

sonic said:
He didn't get me this time though, I'm taking it easy round there from now on, I might even start making signs to put at the road side and carry one in the boot, next time he's there I could put it up at the end of the road, that'll spoil his fun and games. :laugh:

There was a story in the paper near me of a bloke who got done for flashing other drivers to tell them about the camera van!

Back