The Weight Of A K11 Super S

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
from what i remeber the L/LX was about 810/815kgs and the super s/sr was 835kgs, due to impact bars, air bags, bumpers/fogs/speakers etc.

again i don't know if this figure was for a fully spec'd (pas/abs etc) super s/sr or the basic pack.

all prefacelift numbers, the post 98 will more than likely weigh a smidge more.

i was having a argument with a fellow who's brother owned a Saxo VTR

he claimed the micra weighted about 1 and a half tonnes

so i laughed at him thinking he was joking but he was deadly serious

i'm sick of being toldno matter what you do to a micra a vtror vts will always leave you stading :mad:

i was having a argument with a fellow who's brother owned a Saxo VTR

he claimed the micra weighted about 1 and a half tonnes

so i laughed at him thinking he was joking but he was deadly serious

i'm sick of being toldno matter what you do to a micra a vtror vts will always leave you stading :mad:

:laugh: ha ha iv seen many super s micras thrash saxos 1 of them only had a full janspeed exausts system with no cat and a full iner strip

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
mines quicker than a VTR (you should there faces ) :laugh:
but a VTS........no......ive tryed!!! thats next step lol im quciker off the line, but then it catches up and over takes

Antony

Ex. Club Member
ive had a vts before...... when i fitted my cams, head, janspeed, decat etc etc.

i have no interior and can lift the rear wheels off the floor.

but then my car will wheelspin in 2nd gear quite easily..

(erm could. it cant any more)

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
aren't vtr's 1.6 though?

how the hell does a 1.3 beat that?

teach me the ways oh holy napster

haha lol!!!

yes u are correct VTR = 1.6L, 90bhp!!

my micra = 1.3 100bhp. uprated suspension with strut braces! light weight alloys! fairly light car weight! induction kit with cold air feed!! janspeed performance manifold. de-cat exhaust system

VTS = 1.6L 120bhp...which is why i cant match that really all though still give one a run for its money!!!

solarice

Ex. Club Member
since putting everything back in mine, so its standard inside the extra weight is crazy...somthing i never thought much about until id experienced the car as a shell.

Chances are though id only remove the rear seats if i decide to start lightening again, just a shame ive got no where to store them...having said that the extra braces that are now in probably arent helping either.

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
saxos vtrs??? whos scared of them? a standard 1.3 micra will happy keep up with one of them lol, a micra with uprated springs and brakes (also good tyres) will have one of them around a corner....silly french with there torsion bar rear suspension :p on that note i carnt belive the new type r has a torsion bar rear suspension set up!

but anyways back to the point, saxos vtr's are poo :p silliy single cam 8v! but vts no way, you could do depending what engine mods the micra had...but would be very lucky if you beat one in a modded 1.3 micra! personally i dont like french cars full stop, i dont mind the saxo vts...altough i dont like saxos.

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Basically you wont beat a VTS without serious tuning, and if they tune as well, your done for.
They can get over 200hp in NA form, and turbo kits are available for them as well!
Still prefer me micra...

bloody saxo vts fags with their deep pockets

i'd prefer a micra anyday but i wouldn't mid wiping the grin off some radgies faces

apparently because i wear a baggy hat leather jacket and drainpiped andlisten to metal music i'm a "goff" wouldn't mind beating them when they are trying to show off infront of their girls

oh and before any goff jokes are made kristian also listens to the same music style as me so i have backup :p ;)

Ian

Ex. Club Member
saxos vtrs??? whos scared of them? a standard 1.3 micra will happy keep up with one of them lol, a micra with uprated springs and brakes (also good tyres) will have one of them around a corner....silly french with there torsion bar rear suspension :p on that note i carnt belive the new type r has a torsion bar rear suspension set up!

but anyways back to the point, saxos vtr's are poo :p silliy single cam 8v! but vts no way, you could do depending what engine mods the micra had...but would be very lucky if you beat one in a modded 1.3 micra! personally i dont like french cars full stop, i dont mind the saxo vts...altough i dont like saxos.

Standard micra keep up with a standard VTR in a straight line? Not a chance, about the same weight, more power, more torque. Unless the VTR is broke or has a very very poor driver.

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
Standard micra keep up with a standard VTR in a straight line? Not a chance, about the same weight, more power, more torque. Unless the VTR is broke or has a very very poor driver.

saxos are always broken :p soon as they leave the factory and showrooms, there french nuff said ;)

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Who cares about some cheap French plastic coated tin can anyway......you can tune a Saxo all you want, weight it down with loads of body kit, stereo equipment and chavs but it's still a load of rubbish