• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

The story of my K11.

So I own a 1995 K11 1.0L. Bought as bog standard and this is it's journey.

Ok so all that I've done so far is taken all the stickers and the bump strips off the doors but hey everythings gotta start somewhere right. See pics below...

d78cde00.jpg

0c519bb8.jpg

7c50a4d8.jpg

8f5652dd.jpg

So the plans are at the moment depending on money and what I can find are:

- lowerings springs (about 30-35mm)
- alloys and low-pro tyres. (probably standard ones from another type of car, eg. Nova, Pug or Corsa, if I can find a set that fit with little effort.
- then an engine swap from the 1.0l to the 1.3l with the 1.0 gearbox still in as I've been told that's the easiest and simplest way with no complications.
- I want super bumpers, side skirts and spoiler for her.
- plus I'll need a new tailgate and passenger side front door. (due to some minor scraps and dents from the previous owner).
- I also want an open-mouth grill with mesh put behind.
- maybe an induction kit, but I've herd that they make the car run abit chuggy?

Please feel free to add comments and advice! All will be taken on board. Plus if anyone knows some good places, or even has the parts I need, for a very good price then please let me know... More soon and pics of progress will be added.

OP
OP
J
Only £450 with 6 months tax on it. It's due for an mot mid feb so gotta see if it goes through that ok first. Then if all goes well the mods will come. Cheers for the comment.

OP
OP
J
Only £450 with 6 months tax on it. It's due for an mot mid feb so gotta see if it goes through that ok first. Then if all goes well the mods will come. Cheers for the comment.

hey nice plans, open mouth grill isnt hard to make if you take your time, also just to let you know pug wheels wont fit different pcd also the super s never came with side skirts.

OP
OP
J
I was told theres 2 ways of wiring them up.
-1. with a relay and switch inside the car so u can turn them on from inside the car.
-2. probably the easier way which is the way that i did it... Mine are wired 'earth' to the mount of the horn and live go too one light, but i wanted mine to only come on when the high beams are on so I wired it to them. theres 3 wires going to ur main headlamp. one is neg, 2 are live, one being main beam and the other being high beam. use a meter to check which one gives power when the highs r put on, when they turn off to main the power will go.

and to Karlj - do u know any cars that have standard alloys that will fit my car?

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Any wheels you want will need to have PCD of 4x100 with a centre bore of 61mm (iirc) or larger in order to fit. Renault Clio, VW golf/polo/lupo are a few cars that use the 4x100 PCD. Hope this helps (Y) Also i think you'll get more people seeing your blog if you start one in the section within K11 General Discussion, as i didnt even know this area existed until tonight!

OP
OP
J
hey mintyfresh thanks for the comment, does the year of the cars u mentioned matter? am i limited to the older ones? would quite fancy a set of the williams alloys from the clio... dont think id want them in gold tho lol.

The cars due an MOT this coming monday so i cant really do anything till then, hopefully she sails through but there were a few advisaries on the last one so they might bite me... are corsa b coilovers legal and pass the MOT?

OP
OP
J
davedaveld - What you mean probe? do u mean strobe? if so where u putting it ect???

Oh and as far as the car progress is concerned, I've just had tax and MOT. Tax fine, MOT £210!!! not too bad I know but had to have rear shoes and cylinders in the drums 'coz the handbrake wasn't apparently working properly, however I've never really had much problem with it. Aslo I needed to have a new one of those link bars that go between the anti-roll bar and suspension. (As I've said before I don't know much about that kinda thing. He also lowered the clutchs biting point and tightened my alternator belt which has stopped the occasional squeeling which is nice lol.
And because of all this work has stopped a bit due too lack of money. However I do have my eyes on some nice white 5 spokes on ebay... lol. bought some t-cut and wax polish so will be doing that sometime soon, pics too follow...