The reverse light won't work?

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Changed the bulb any idea which fuse it is ? The reverse light was ok but has just stopped the bulb has been tested and changed?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
The switch is on the gearbox, check to see if its connected.

I don't think you legally need a reverse light anyway, well its not required for an MOT anyways.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
When mine went on the k10 i just fitted a flick switch on the dash...had fun with that at traffic lights lol

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
cheers i'll check it out. where on the box is the switch.

Thanks

paul

As far as I can remember its at the back at the top of the box, well thats where the wiring goes in. From what I can remember there is 4 wires, 2 for the Neutral Switch (for the ECU) and 2 for the reverse light.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Ollie is right however that you don't need a reverse light if you don't get the problem fixed.

BG101

Ex. Club Member
I'd be interested to know too. The Haynes manual is a bit confusing with regard to the wiring schematics! The one on my K10 works when it feels like it but my K11 is ok at present (hope I haven't spoken too soon!)

BG

TONEY

Ex. Club Member
the switch is located at the bottom of the box if you follow the wires down theres 2 10mm bolts holding it in undo and get some one to move the gearsitck as you pull it out
iirc you may need to empty the oil out of the box

andy

Ex. Club Member
In the Haynes book that says door mirrors/audio? No record of a reverse light fuse? Does anybody know the location please?
was 12 years ago i posted that, been 10 years since i had a k11, and no idea where me haynes for it is, if i was wrong i wonder why no one said anything earlier ?
dont worry about it mate, the threads is years old (y)

andy

Ex. Club Member
In the Haynes book that says door mirrors/audio? No record of a reverse light fuse? Does anybody know the location please?

just seen ya thread in the k12 section, maybe thats where ya getting mixed up, this thread here is about a k11 (y)