The RAF Marham Richard Burns Memorial Rally

k6pfs

Ex. Club Member
Dear all,

I just wanted to let you know of the event below that was advertised yesterday on the front page of Motorsport News a national magazine.

As some / all of you know I rally as a hobby, and currently I am having a new car built, which fingers crossed should be ready in four weeks, so my plan is that my first event in the new car will be the one below as it is in Norfolk.

The rally is in aid of two charities the Richard Burns Foundation – which provides support for people suffering from life-threatening diseases or injury and the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund which provides similar financial support to serving and retired members of the RAF.

I will be trying to raise some money to donate as well which is where you lovely people come in, I will be putting together a sponsorship / donation flyers and forms and I would like you all if possible to help by making a donation or sponsorship and or get other people to as well, and on the event days come and watch!

Thank you.

Peter

(Just for information; in 2006 I won the East of England Stage Rally Championship!!)

The RAF Marham Richard Burns Memorial Rally

A new charity rally event to celebrate the life of England’s only World Rally Champion has been announced.

The Richard Burns Memorial Rally will take place at Royal Air Force Marham, Norfolk (home to 8% of the Royal Air Force and a third of the Royal Air Force’s aerial warfighting capability), over September 13-14.

It will be a single-venue tarmac event on the Royal Air Force Marham airfield and take in stages of 10-12 miles. Organised by the Kings Lynn & District Motor Club (KLDMC) the rally will feature 120 competitors – with the proceeds of entry going to The Richard Burns Foundation and spectator access will be limited to 5000 per day.

It is intended that the event will raise in excess of £100,000 pounds for charity to be split between the Richard Burns Foundation – which provides support for people suffering from life-threatening diseases or injury and the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund which provides similar financial support to serving and retired members of the RAF.

The event will also provide a unique opportunity for amateurs to compete against some of the world’s top drivers – with World Rally Championship greats such as Markko Martin lined up to compete. The date of the rally was picked to coincide with the WRC mid-season break in order to attract the very best cars and drivers from the elite level of the sport."

For more information please see The Kings Lynn & District Motor Club web pages at -
http://www.kingslynndmc.co.uk/content/view/69/26/
or
you could buy a copy of Motorsport News

Back