• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The Purple Nurple Blog

Scott Cruz

Ex. Club Member
This is a new blog for my pre facelift K11!

She is a 1997, P Reg, 1.0L, Automatic, Shape.

Three previous litle old lady owners, the last one only had it for a few months before upgrading to a Primera or Almera, I forget what!

Picked her up for £845, small spot of rust on the drivers sill (which ive now sorted), small bit of rust on the left underside, dent in the boot door from what looks like reversing into a bollard or something!

I know... its a Micra, how the hell can you back it up too far?!!!

All very minor problems which I have allready started to sort out, the main thing that caught my eye about the car was the full service history with receipts to back it all up, and only 27k on the clock at the time I bought it (also backed by the history).

Its my second car, and I havent been driving long. My first car was a 2.0L Mondeo... Great car, but I live in Glasgow and it was a ##### on petrol and tying to find a parking space!

I had to go a bit smaller and Ive always fancied the K11, so I bit the bullet!

I am gona keep her pretty much standard right now for insurance purposes, but I will be adding bits and colour coding things and the like and once my insurance quotes come back down to Earth, I will start doing some performance upgrades.

So far only things Ive done is change the wiper blades, fit a parcel shelf and start work on getting rid of the rust spots and the like.

I was talking to a couple of people earlier on here and I think my first moves will be to source a Super S bumper set and rear spoiler and get rid of my black moulded plastic parts.

I'll keep this updated with pics and stuff so check back if you give a toss (Y)

Attachments

71.6 KB · Views: 396
OP
OP
Scott Cruz

Scott Cruz

Ex. Club Member
What do you think of this spoiler?

Ive got this spoiler that I was going to fit, but I also fancy the Super S one...

What do you think people?

Id be painting it purple BTW.

Attachments

• silver spoiler.jpg
    silver spoiler.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 471

b47to

Ex. Club Member
good choice and nice buy !

i like that spoiler its something different,but thats my opinion because i like to be different

what car is it off ?

OP
OP
Scott Cruz

Scott Cruz

Ex. Club Member
good choice and nice buy !

i like that spoiler its something different,but thats my opinion because i like to be different

what car is it off ?

As far as I know its a universal spoiler, but the guy I got it off had it fitted to a Honda Civic.

OP
OP
Scott Cruz

Scott Cruz

Ex. Club Member
Okay people, opinions please!

Ive been thinking about going two tone with my paint scheme.

White on the bottom and keeping the purple on top. I'll also be taking the trims off my steel wheels and painting them white.

Or

Black on the bottom with the purple on top. And either the steel wheels in white or black.

Or

Just keep the whole thing purple and paint the bumpers purple to match (the bumpers are the unpainted black plastic, standard issue), and the wheels white.

I have very crudely done a couple of mock ups on MS Paint to give an idea of what I am thinking.

What do you think?

Attachments

• white.jpg
    white.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 339
  • black.jpg
    black.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 323
  • 11111.jpg
    11111.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 321

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Some nice ideas there Scott, I would love to have my Micra in that shade of purple. Anyway how about this one.

Attachments

• 11111.jpg
    11111.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 410
OP
OP
Scott Cruz

Scott Cruz

Ex. Club Member
Some nice ideas there Scott, I would love to have my Micra in that shade of purple. Anyway how about this one.

Hmm, reminds me a bit too much of an eggplant! :laugh:

Besides, I prefer "The Purple Nurple" to "The Purple Turtle".

My purple colour is cool, I gota admit I like it, but trying to find the paint for touch ups and colour coding is a right royal pain in the azz!

I can only find the official Nissan two pack with laquer for about a tenner for a small can.

I cant find any of the Hycote stuff or anything!

OP
OP
Scott Cruz

Scott Cruz

Ex. Club Member
How about this paint scheme?

Its a slightly more subtle version of one of my previous ideas.

This time keeping the steel wheels as their standard silver, and adding white handles, white mirrors and a white Super S style spoiler.

What ya all think?

I dont know why, but I really like the purple and white idea...

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 333