• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The Old Girl

My first proper post as a member!
Just thought I would set up a little blog post for my 1995 1.3 LX. It's technically my second car, but it feels like my first. I had a 1L Yaris beforehand, but that thing died 6 weeks after I passed. Picked her up in the summer, only 63k on the clock at the time. Really good condition to be fair, (Nissan tools, Nissan car mats, and the ask before you borrow sticker included..). Bargain @ £340
IMG_20160203_093059.jpg
IMG_20160203_093145.jpg

IMG_20160203_093213.jpg

Compared to my other car, she was much nippier. Really fun to drive and would climb hills! Handy when you live in South Wales..

Unfortunately I had an accident...
image3.jpeg
image6.jpeg
image7.jpeg

As you may have guessed I went into the back of somebody. I thought the worst, but somehow the little car survived. She even started first time and drove fine when I went to move her onto the hard shoulder. I was determined to get her fixed up.

My neighbour happens to be pretty nifty with cars so we set about trying to replace the panels and getting her back on the road, albeit on a super tight budget. Originally I foolishly bought some facelift parts and thought they would be a perfect fit (have patience, go with your instinct... and don't always trust your scrappy).
received_523123211177307.jpeg

Used some of the facelift parts in the end. Managed to make do with the cross member. Used this bonnet to protect her from the rain..

received_523123217843973.jpeg

Fitted a brand new bumper, got some headlights on ebay. The drivers side wing was recycled (only a minor dent) and the otherside was another ebay job. I could not find any pre facelift white panels at any of the scrappies.. it seems this car is a dying breed...
received_523119231177705.jpeg

Fitted a brand new bonnet and grill onto the car. I'm not sure on the white, grey and black front, but she drives fine. My friend changed the brake fluid after he almost had a heart attack when he test drove it. Turns out it hadn't been serviced very well...

Aside from that I have only done a few things; changed the air filter, spark plugs. I took the door strips off after having a caffeine rush.. I was impatient and left some nasty tape residue. Hopefully this will come out with a steamer. I have kept her super clean inside and out. The interior looks brand new (I don't think the previous owners even used the backseat at all!

Looking for some ideas at the moment... I know that bonnet has to go at some point! I like the idea of keeping her original, but may be interested in some tasteful modifications. The speakers are terrible so they need to be replaced. The slam panel at the front will also need replacing for its next MOT.

Nice motor mate, White, love it, and quite rare to find.
I may have a tacho speedo for that model, but its in green.
Also have a front panel for the speedo, the cover bit, you could spray it up another colour for a bit of a change.
Anyway....welcome.

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Let me know if you sell this. This I gorgeous!
Lovely car, I'll be keeping a close eye on this'n! :)

I sorta forgot I had this blog so here's my update.

Work done:
New(ish) white bonnet
New(ish) white grill (first facelift.. I like it better)
Took the door strips off
Took the original wheel trims off, sprayed the steel wheels black, and inserted sprayed black hub caps.

The old girl passed its MOT okay!
Only a bit of welding on the sills to my surprise!

Just cleaned her to take some pictures. She has a dent in the rear arch (not me), and a dent in the DS wing which we salvaged from the crash.. Need to get these sorted. Not sure what to do with her atm.. Any ideas?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 255
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 247
Forgot I had this thread to be honest. Quick update. My sister's Micra broke so I managed to nab the alloys and the rear parcel shelf. Change the Speedo to some cool turquoise one and added a dragon ball gear knob.

Pictures are after a valet from a mate of mine! He did the respray on my nismo style grill and the slam panel.

1520624735866.jpg
1520624743452.jpg
1520624747009.jpg
1520624749785.jpg

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Micra Sports Club mobile app