The new forum is here!! (UPDATE: Just upgraded to 4.0.2!)

james it doesnt give you the option manage attchment when sending pm's also when replying back in a forum when you click manage attachments it doesnt let you select from my computer? only web url works? could you have a look at this please? thanks

sorted this found out i clicked on enhanced picture uploading from the forum settings.

im sure the times out by a good hour on the forum find out when you post. where has the bulb fitment guide link gone?

james it doesnt give you the option manage attchment when sending pm's also when replying back in a forum when you click manage attachments it doesnt let you select from my computer? only web url works? could you have a look at this please? thanks

sorted this found out i clicked on enhanced picture uploading from the forum settings.

Cheers Manny just answered my question

Something else i have noticed is that the times are wrong..... Says that a post has been posted in an hours time if that makes sense or is it just me?

New release due next week that should fix a myriad of bugs:
the release of 4.0.2 will be delayed until next week. We are sorry for the inconvenience but we feel it's important to get this right instead of pushing these fixes off to another version.
The time is now sorted, however if anyone replies to a thread that was posted when it was an hour ahead, their replies will appear BEFORE any replies that were on the wrong time zone until 11:30 this morning

hi there again james. my profile doesnt seem to reset custom user title. it should be saying gold member but its showing up as club member?

Im still not getting emails through when I am getting PMs. Getting quite annoying now as I'm missing pms and people are getting annoyed with me for not replying!

whilst were on the subject of PMs, i thought all members were allowed to send PM's, but when my membership ran out the other day i was unable to pm anyone to let them know i had sent the renewal payment.

andy

I tried the tapatalk version James, not that convinced, the iphone version was more stable; light and fast IMO, could you bring it back please?
Thanks ;)
Seb

The forum software has now been upgraded to 4.0.2, hopefully some of the bugs you have noticed, including the first posts being cut too short should now be fixed. They claim over 250 bugs have been fixed in this version!

This won't fix the downtime we've been having, however that is a separate issue we're dealing with the hosts about at the moment.

If you notice any other bugs, or have any questions, post them here.

Also, if the page layout looks a bit messed up since the upgrade, try a force refresh (CTRL+F5)

James.

right frank same problem i had before. if you click the tab link at the top called forum actions and then general settings scroll at the bottom of the page and where it says enhanced upload make sure its ticked off.

ooh nice one manny (Y)
you,re the man

Moan moan moan and here's some more.

Random B and left hand side missing letters/words? Or is it my explorer?

4367845860_93a3112ed4.jpg

Moan moan moan and here's some more.

Random B and left hand side missing letters/words? Or is it my explorer?

4367845860_93a3112ed4.jpg
Wow, you're still using Internet Explorer 6? IE6 was first released in 2001. You really should consider getting 7 or 8 (or Firefox!).

The current vBulletin has quite a few issues with IE6, as it's a non-supported browser these days. For example the MSC logo at the top will be transparent in IE7 and 8

Here's a example in IE8:

Attachments

• msc-ie8..jpg
    msc-ie8..jpg
    301 KB · Views: 387
james the search function doesnt find anything most of the time why is this? frank had the same problem.

james the search function doesnt find anything most of the time why is this? frank had the same problem.

Yes, now I do search on google with "micra.org.uk" on the search field, it provides better results unfortunately.

Other little problems are:
-no record in "PM sent", wich always stays empty

-the quick "Reply with quote" is messed up on my firefox, it appears on the right side of the screen
replywithquopte.jpg

Also James what do you think about the IRC channel, an applet could be integrated on the homepage for non-nerd IRC client users :D

I can now browse back the forum in 3G with my HTC, I don't know if it's related to the forum upgrade (since the homepage wasn't available neither) or if it was a temporary Vodaphone technical issue but I'm very pleased with that !

I hope it could help you to improve our beloved forum James ;)

Cheers

Seb

james are we gonna have what car we own under our name where where we have age location etc like we use to do on the old forum? my pm's are not getting delivered am i on your ignore list?

i cant seem to find the button to thank members or am i just missing something

it should be there. you should be able to thank everyone except yourself. its next to blog this post on each post at the bottom. might be a bug with your account. wait and see what james thinks.

Random ideas:

-What's new in blog on the front forum page (Sed's idea)
-Custom background for the blogs
-Being able to chose how many articles displayed by page on the blogs

Cheers ;)

Seb

Yeah was thinking about that a what's new in blogs or incorporate the blogs with the threads in what's new get hardly any comments on my shiny pictures any more lol

Yeah was thinking about that a what's new in blogs or incorporate the blogs with the threads in what's new get hardly any comments on my shiny pictures any more lol

a lot members dont bother putting updates in the new blog section, alot dont go on there. most members dont like the layout they prefer the old one. im one ov the meber lol

a lot members dont bother putting updates in the new blog section, alot dont go on there. most members dont like the layout they prefer the old one. im one ov the meber lol
see when we first got the new layout i thought everyone would be eventually going over to blogs whether you like it or not... however as time passed and i had already re orginized my photonugget and started on the blogs section, then realise noone really bothered with it! plus i still cant upload more than 10 pics at once :(
cos i have hundreds!! ah well may have to start another forum style blog.... *lazily cries* Noooooooooo lol

For Android users, I recommend Opera 5 MINI (beta) to browse the forum :

market://search?q=pname:com.opera.mini.android

Smooth and fast display, far better than the native Android browser.

Cheers !

Seb

anyone else having maasive gaps in the post, i get in most ov the posts not neccsarilly mine as if somones been typing and been pressing loads ov times enter. also get dark gaps at the bottom when you scroll down?

gaps in posts
Untitled..png 2nd..png 2nd..png

empty vortex end ov the screen but goes down a faar bit. the last pic at the bttom its says blog this post can you see it? also look at the pointer at the right hand side what you scroll down with.
black vortex..png 2..png 3..png 4..png
pencil.png

pencil.png

i think my problem with the the big gaps in the posts and bottomless thread pitts seems to have gone. thanks james if youve fixed it youre the man. (Y)

I'm not particularly keen on the new forum layout.

There seeem to be big gaps above quotes.

The Search does not seem to find all my posts & threads, if I go to My Profile & Find All Posts, it only find 2 recent threads & not old posts.

I'm not particularly keen on the new forum layout.

There seem to be big gaps above quotes.

The Search does not seem to find all my posts & threads, if I go to My Profile & Find All Posts, it only find 2 recent threads & not old posts.

i had the same issue with the gaps its OK now think James sorted it out. have a look in your profile and see what it shows up on the default thread age cutt off? under thread display options under your profile or there could be a bug with it. new forum layout think you don't have a choice on that I'm afraid.

Back