The mystery plug LoL

Bash1989

Ex. Club Member
i've found a plug behind my offside headlight but i'm unsure to what its there for,i'm kinda hoping its for foglights but im not gonna take the risk.so does anyone know what its for? sorry about the quality of the images it was too dark lol . any who cheers in advance

Attachments

• 14012009102.jpg
    14012009102.jpg
    662.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 14012009103.jpg
    14012009103.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 236
i thought it was headlights, thats the only plug there is,there isnt one on the driverside and ive been waiting months for my haynes book from amazon

i've got the stalk sorted i just had a horrible thought that i would have to wire the loom directly to the fuse box, easier than i thought tho. as you can tell im useless at vehicle electrics but im learning lol

You will need to plug in a relay too. There an empty slot near the fuse board for one to go

My fog light wiring was behind the cutouts on my bumper, but mine is a different facelift to yours, 2001 is the year if that makes any difference.

I'm currently in the middle of wiring my fogs without the additional stalk, I have connected the positive feed from the rear fog to the fog cable going to the front of the vehicle, all I have to do is insert a relay in the circuit so I won't burn out the rear fog wiring, just waiting for a decent day to continue.

Might as well just use it the way the car was designed and change the stalk!

The stalk allows you to use the front fogs on there own, followed by both front and rear on a separate setting. Take the cover off where the fuses are in the dashboard and the relay goes up there

yep thats what im planning on doing arnold costs around £170 for the kit but as im in the trade i will get some discount

I was going to put the relay just behind the TB, but I'll be taking the cable from behind the Drivers Side, I suppose you could use a seperate switch and have it activated via the side lights, this option would cost about £12.oo and if you want a decent switch that would be extra, Ring Automotive do a wiring Kit for Accessory Lighting part number RLFK200 this comes with a relay, wiring and a switch, switch is bog standard though (not fancy).

Just to let you know, non of the 5 scrapyards near me had bumpers with foglights in them yesterday.

There was on, with a push switch mounted on the dash, next to the de-mister switch etc, but the bumper was already gone.

i've never thought about looking for a micra in the scrapyard, but as i now need a pre facelift number plate holder im gonna have to, unless any of you guys got one going cheap?

How hard is it for a novice to actually fit the foglights from a 2001 onwards model, into the 1999/2000 models.

I've got a sport+ bumper attached, and could easily find the fogs. Do I just plug them in and get the stalk and they work?

yep but you'll also need a relay mate

lts basically plug and play, if you get them from nissan i think you get the instructions but dont count me on that

yep but you'll also need a relay mate

lts basically plug and play, if you get them from nissan i think you get the instructions but dont count me on that

So I get the relay, and I just feed it basically feed the wire from those plugs, to my indicator stalk (with the extra front fog setting on the twist-switch)?

With regards to the fogs on a 98, all we need is a relay stalk and lights and new switch? anyone done a walk through or something seing as though this seems to be a hot topic!!!

:)

no you buy the new stalk which will havce the front foglight option and remove the old one, plug your relay in the fusebox,plug your new loom in that plug behind the headlight then plug your lights in lol simple bud

Back