The most efficient way to drive a K11?

Hi guys,

I've seen a few threads on fuel economy, and a lot of advice given is to check the car mechanically (full service, O2 sensor etc). The other point is the way the car is driven. Obviously ragging the car at 7,000RPM isn't good for economy or the engine, but is running at the engine low RPMs by changing up too early just as bad for economy?

I got into the habit of changing at around 2,000RPM (higher if I wanted to accelerate faster), but my economy still isn't that great, so I guess my habits aren't doing the car much good, putting more strain on the crank/gearbox/clutch etc. Is there an optimum engine speed for changing up on a CG10DE (for economy and performance separately), assuming I'm on a flat surface etc?

Many thanks!

wehey

Ex. Club Member
I have tried many types of driving styles and non of them seem to make much difference to my mpg.

I drove like a nun for a whole tank, nearly boring myself to death and returned 45mpg, where as I normally average 44mpg

Driving like a grand dad does give a bit of a boost to your mpg, however, same as driving like a nun ....boooooring!!!
Easy on the right foot, easy on the brakes produces a reasonable mpg.
My 1.4 gives 35+ around town with 50+ on a run without a lot of thinking. Happy with that.
I did get up to 73 with pulse and glide, but that as well....... is brain draining.