The mistery car I mention in my new car thread

Baz

Ex. Club Member
This is the car at 3pm today these photos I took while I was down having a look and chat

14012010100.jpg

14012010101.jpg

14012010102.jpg

14012010103.jpg

And I got sent this by the painter at 10.30pm
Civicpainted.jpg

What ya's think so far?Its the new track weapon. B18c(integra type r engine) in a 93 eg hatch civic!! Did all the mechanical work myself

wgc_daz

unlucky-racing.com
VTEC just kicked in yooooooo!!!

love civics shame there a f***er to get insurance for :/ keep updated please im intreaged in what your gonna do :)

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Ooooo very nice, are you going to have Lambo doors while there off?

there's been a bit too much of the fast and the furious on the box recently lol :D

never driven a VTEC i must admit but they seem good from what i was reading in a magazine from last year

Steve

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
vtec is kool as was well impressed with my friends 1.6 del sol i kinda have vtec in my golf but its a turbo insted lol you going to but a black bonnet on mate my friend had one with a black sparkly bonnet looked kool bet she flies

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
there's been a bit too much of the fast and the furious on the box recently lol :D

never driven a VTEC i must admit but they seem good from what i was reading in a magazine from last year

Steve

The 1.5 Sohc vtec is nothing but the b16(1.6 dohc vtec) and the b18 (1.8dohc vtec) are very imprssive engines and respond well to breathing mods

Its just very raw and violent when the vtec engages, especially when you have nearly 200hp in such a light shell. torque is'nt great in them in relation to the power figures though

vtec is kool as was well impressed with my friends 1.6 del sol i kinda have vtec in my golf but its a turbo insted lol you going to but a black bonnet on mate my friend had one with a black sparkly bonnet looked kool bet she flies

Yeah I have a bonnet, spoiler, front lip, and mirrors all carbon. Its seems fast but its more the noise that decieves you lol its sounds like a race car, you would definitely get arrested pasting a cop car at 8500rpm,it make so much noise

ronin_kid

61 cubic inches of power
always have thought the EG civics were the best lookin - kudos on the work that you've put in too, should be a screamer (Y)

alexv

Club Member (Trial)
theres a fella on my course at uni with a pretty stock looking eg with a turbo'd b18 lump in it. to say its fast isnt doing it justice. it makes the tuned stralet turbos n even the vvc metros look like shopping trolleys (my mate is building a turbo vvc metro just to try and keep up now).
proper nice car mate, realy realy deadly on a track! well done!

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
theres a fella on my course at uni with a pretty stock looking eg with a turbo'd b18 lump in it. to say its fast isnt doing it justice. it makes the tuned stralet turbos n even the vvc metros look like shopping trolleys (my mate is building a turbo vvc metro just to try and keep up now).
proper nice car mate, realy realy deadly on a track! well done!

I'd say that b18 turbo is serious alright, they make such high power, ther's a few over here in Ireland but in an Integra most of them.

Here's a few more snap a mate took

DSC_0236-1.jpg

DSC_0239-1.jpg

DSC_0240-1.jpg

DSC_0241-1.jpg

Snikty

Site Supporter
Firstly I just want to say you've done a great job with it Baz and it is an exceptional choice of track car. That latest batch of photos look nothing short of amazing!

One thing I find a little eerie however is that I started shopping around for a track car at the end of last year, and since then the car I still have my heart set on is a EG SiR with a b18c convertion... Weird that we may end up with two cars the same and both somewhat unusual choices...I guess we just have great taste in jdm hatches :p

Its just very raw and violent when the vtec engages, especially when you have nearly 200hp in such a light shell. torque is'nt great in them in relation to the power figures though

Although they are expensive, you can buy bolt on quad throttle bodies for the b18 for an improvement in mid range...assuming you intend to stay n/a...personally, I would for a track car.

Since someone did the 'vtec just kicked in' line I'll do the one the honda haters like to use...

Vtec, all the lag none of the turbo :p

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Only got a chance to put these up now the trackday was in memory of my brother and was held in Mondello park on the 22nd Of march 2010

Hope you like them

Here's pic of the st and the civic,had them both out,even my dad drove the civic lol

IMG_0075-vi.jpg

IMG_0095-vi.jpg
[/QUOTE]

And I particularly like this lift off over steer moment
Gavstrackday.jpg

IMG_9768-vi.jpg

IMG_9769-vi.jpg

IMG_9771-vi.jpg

IMG_9935-vi.jpg

IMG_0007-vi.jpg

IMG_0149-vi.jpg

IMG_0236-vi.jpg
[/QUOTE]

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0305.jpg
[/QUOTE]

looks like appropriate weather for a rememberance track day - good on you for going through with it.

one of those skylines and the evo look pretty serious too?

OP
OP
Baz

Baz

Ex. Club Member
looks like appropriate weather for a rememberance track day - good on you for going through with it.

one of those skylines and the evo look pretty serious too?

Thanks man ! The weather was a mixture of wet and dry so it was good.

The Evo is a time attack car and managed to get the fastest lap there last weekend in this years first round of the time attack. The purple one is a mate's It has 697bhp and is serious car. the big bodykitted (MAXpower) is the photographer that featured my st in a mag. Its a gts-t with a full GTR conversion done on it