• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

The Mighty Mauritius K11

Smc92

Ex. Club Member
Well i thought i would make a blog seeing as i intend to do some work to my k11.

Heres a little story to how i got my micra;

So when i passed my test in january 2010 i bought the K11 for £500 and was a decent little car and never let me down, but a year later when i had a years no claims i thought i want a "faster" car now, so i bought a 1.8 ford focus, which drained all my money on fuel and things going wrong with it. luckily for me the guy i had sold my micra to when i bought the focus was going to scrap the micra because it had failed MOT (needed welding and new exhaust). So i bought it off im for £175 with tax on it until feb next year, and started on the welding (when i got under the car i could not believe how bad the rust was, probably should have checked before buying it back but oh well its done now, i put a standard exhaust which cost me £150 including 2nd cat which im pretty gutted about seeing as i now know i could have gotten a sportex one for £140 but ah well thats life lol.
Im so glad i bought it back its much more fun to drive in my opinion.

Anyway thats the life story which im sure many of you might just skip lol.

What i intend to do is;

1. Fit the new induction kit, which I have bought but not installed.
2. Fit a tachometer. (Already done)
3. Fit lowering springs, but probably going to wait until after the winter/snow and maybe also wait until i get some gas shocks for it aswell.
4.Sportex exhaust
5. Strut Brace
6. get rid of the ugly stickiness from the bump strip that someone has tried pulling off before
7.Some wide arches
8. Alloys, preferably some deep dish alloys

There is lots more i want to do aswell but i think i will wrap this up now :)

Thanks for reading guys, the pics below are of how it looks now, and i will try my best to keep this blog updated everytime i do something to the car :)

If you click on the image it will open onto a larger one, if it asks for a password just type in micrak11 and you should be able to see it large.

Thanks for reading guys :)

Fitted The induction kit, which makes the engine bay look a let better imo, also lowered 35mm all round but not happy it still looks too high so at somepoint will be lowering more, but its not a priority, i think next will be getting all the little dints out, bump strips off and colour coding the bumpers

Pics to follow

fairly simple, i just bought the tacho off ebay, i then just bought some more wire (the wiring with the tacho is not long enough) then the signal wire just needs to connect to the blue wire on the dizzy cap (if your micra is a pre facelift like mine) then i got the power from the window de-mister so i just sliced into that and joined it there, and earthed it from the same place the radio earths just behind dash

Back