The K12 Sport+, Car Wash Safe?

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
So, my car is looking grim, like, really grim, I haven't washed it since about late-june. I haven't had the time, enthusiasm or well-being to just do it and I was considering taking it to a car wash.

However I read online that someone with an 05 plate Tekna had the rear spoiler ripped clean off their car by one and I believe the spoiler on the Sport+ is even bigger than that of the Tekna?

Has anyone else had any negative experiences taking their Spoiler-touting K12 through a car wash? It's just the standard SR-Pack one, nothing fancy.

I'm getting pretty tired of the "I've just eaten a load of bugs and been splashing around in a muddy puddle" look my car is currently rocking.

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Could always use a bucket and sponge.

Personal experiences from car washes are that they don't actually clean, they just batter your car with rubber strips for a few minutes.

I always wash my car myself, bucket and sponge and good old shammy after the hose down LOL
if your car is really really dirty a carwash is more likly to scratch your paint with all the bits of dirt being dragged around by the ....dangely bits :p
IF you don't want to do it yourself there are Hand car washes all over the place...not as quick perhaps, but certainly safer for your spoiler if you're that worried about it

I believe there were only 2 types of nissan original spoiler for the K12
...the one we have (which i think is the same as the tekna)
...and the one you get on an SX (part body colour, part black)
I could be wrong ^_^ ...i've never seen any other variations is all... ;)

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Been through a few in both my K12s with no damage whatsoever :).

Fancy doing mine? It's so grubby that in the rain you can see the murky grime streaming off it.
Mine's much the same at the moment...drove for 4 hours on the motorway the 2weeks ago and daily to and from work since and its...mingin'! LOL
It's not arctic white anymore...looks almost that cafe latte colour, it's gross :p

OP
OP
Tchaaa

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
Mine's much the same at the moment...drove for 4 hours on the motorway the 2weeks ago and daily to and from work since and its...mingin'! LOL
It's not arctic white anymore...looks almost that cafe latte colour, it's gross :p

Yeah rare was the day my white K11 was not rocking a full-mud makeover :p

I take mine for a wash every 2 weeks to my local hand car wash in birmingham
£6 for a full wash, tyre shine, vacuum (including boot), dash and plastic wipe and shine and a complimentary car air freshener!
Cant go wrong!

SirChris

Educated Bodger
I always wash my car myself, bucket and sponge and good old shammy after the hose down LOL
if your car is really really dirty a carwash is more likly to scratch your paint with all the bits of dirt being dragged around by the ....dangely bits :p
IF you don't want to do it yourself there are Hand car washes all over the place...not as quick perhaps, but certainly safer for your spoiler if you're that worried about it

I believe there were only 2 types of nissan original spoiler for the K12
...the one we have (which i think is the same as the tekna)
...and the one you get on an SX (part body colour, part black)
I could be wrong ^_^ ...i've never seen any other variations is all... ;)
This sounded almost sexy

well sit on my face and call me terry

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Really...???

*looks over post*
...which bit? o_O

...the dangly bits? ...or a good old shammy after the hose down? :p LOL
Chris was deprived as a child and as such has developed mentality issues and should be avoided at all costs.

Grammar Nazi time: It's a chamois :D

Guy

Club Member
I'd say it was the difference between correct spelling and the vernacular spelling Jen :p (which I guess is what you were actually saying :oops:).

LOL...

I found an old school report card from when I was six, describing my spelling as "...unique, phonetic based..."
...it's only a chamois when I fell like being posh...or just not common....I dunno any more ^_^

Guy

Club Member
Ha, ha, keep that up Jen and we'll have to confiscate your Micra and replace it with a Corsa :p.

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Really...???

*looks over post*
...which bit? o_O

...the dangly bits? ...or a good old shammy after the hose down? :p LOL
x-all-the-things-template.png
all the thiings Jen... all the things.

Spelling is ****e we do not need it at all!

You're a wrong'n Chris :p ....a wrong'n LOL

Nooooooo....not a Corsa! I'll take a fiat 500 over a corsa! and you know how I feel about those :eek:

SirChris

Educated Bodger
I dont know
fiat... I hate corsa and I would much rather a fiat... but would I take a fiat 500 over a corsa???? I dont know. I think the corsa would be fun to drive.

SirChris

Educated Bodger
yeah seems like a better option for the 'go like the clappers' experience. better option of aftermarket parts too? yeah I like eating those cars with the tubby