The joys of living in Salford

jacb_1978

Ex. Club Member
Was leaving for work at 8pm tonight when I went to go in the car I noticed a load of glass on the passanger seat. Some little ******* had smashed my passanger side window. Had a look round the car and nothing had been stolen even though I had Game vouchers in the glovebox and the stereo was in place. My boyfriend called the police who said they would not be coming out and they would take all the details over the phone.. how helpful!!!

Anywho I taped up the window and had to get the bus to work (first time on a bus in nearly a year lol) Now I have to spend tomorrow sorting out the window rather than sleeping. Luckily I am not in work tomorrow night. My fella took some photos (as we had been promised CCTV in the communal car park) so if I get chance will put them up tomorrow when I get home from work in the morning.

little rodents !, im so glad i wasnt brought up like that. same happened to me in 2007 and ollie is right, you will keep finding more and more pieces

Yup same happened to me in salford! ( every where you go theres bloody glass on the pavements where car windows hav been smashed) always leave your glovebox open and take your stereo out if you can, and as it gets closer to xmas them sorts of sh*ts will be out more

That sucks, but at least nothing was stolen, my mate had his window broke last year around this time by chavs "just for fun", nothing else in the car was disturbed

That sucks! i had my car broken into last month (car door bent back)..and nothing was stolen, so i sort of no how you feel. I no for me i felt more un-nerved by the fact that someone got in my personal space...but hey its a part of motoring in this world right? lol..
hope it gets sorted out soon, and that the law catches up with the scummy f*****s one day...

Salford is a very high risk area as far as car insurance goes, some of our underwriters refuse to cover in that area.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

To be honest I would have prefered it if they had tried to rob something at least that gives the damage a point but to do it "for a laugh" is retarded. Its all fixed now anyway lets just hope it doesn't happen again

Salford is a very high risk area as far as car insurance goes, some of our underwriters refuse to cover in that area.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Does that mean if your car is broken into when visiting that area you arent covered ?

Or

Does it just mean that if you live in that area its hard to get cover for your car ?

Does that mean if your car is broken into when visiting that area you arent covered ?

Or

Does it just mean that if you live in that area its hard to get cover for your car ?

It means that you will more than likely have to pay a higher premium for living in a higher risk area.
For the car club insurance scheme which we operate, Salford is an excluded area.

Damn, i know for a fact my post code isnt very well looked upon by insurers ( £500+ difference just because i live in E17 ) (that was compared to an IG1)..Damn insurance lool

My full sympathy. I don't know if I'm right, but I thought Salford was (at least at one point) considered to be the most high risk insurance area in the UK?

Sister had it done outside the house. Otherside of the road. She'd been in 15mins, we just pulled up and heard the glass still cracking. Stole her tax disc.

Well well came out of my house again tonight and what do I find but BOTH front windows smashed this time!!! Thats right not sure if it was the same scroats as last time but this time they checked the glove compartment (they decided not to take my insurance policy document that was in there!!) Anywho called the police, again. They won't come out, again!! I am actually thinking of requesting a discount in my council tax as the police round here are shockingly awful!!

The car is parked on a residential car park behind the house so I'm gonna look into getting a gate on the back and parking the car in the back garden it gotta be cheaper than sorting this out all the time!! It wasn't just me this time there was a neighbour's Clio that got one window done this time. My boyfriend reckons they picked our cars coz they have been modded (the Clio has lexus rear lights and and tinted rear windows and a few other bits).

What a bunch of knobs! They should be hung drawn and quartered! grr

So basically from the owners point of view whilst living in these areas it's not worth picking up the phone?

The Insurance will cost you a bomb regardless.

You need to get a 2 way baby monitor.

Bring back the vigilante!!! Hurrah!

bummer :down:, eh jacki.
sadly, body and ice mods turn your car into a theft target, my daughter has had the same problems too :suspect:

I caught someone whilst they were trying to nick a stereo, funny how nothing has happened since....apart from the other day when someone stole the wheel nuts of one of the neighbours cars....That is attempted murder is it not? what the #### is wrong with some people? :down:

Back