The JAE Thread - All the information you need!

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
East of England Show Ground
Peterborough
PE2 6XE

click me for a map
click me for website

Accomodation:

Club camping available - highly recommended!

Good recommended Hotels

The Marriott Hotel, Lynchwood - 0870 400 7258
Orton Hall, Orton Longueville – 01733 391 111
Sleep Inn, Haddon – 01733 396 850
The Haycock Hotel, Wansford – 01780 782 223

Date:

Friday 21st - Sunday 23rd of July - Book it off work now

Stand Allocation:

30 places available - TBC - Everyone welcome, stand cars must be cleaned, polished and well maintained, NO WIP cars

Where we are:

TBC

The Famous MSC club BBQ - all weekend

Details to follow on how to book your BBQ food for both saturday evening and sunday afternoon!

JAE Club Awards - Trophies

There will be trophies for the following categories

MSC - Best in Show
MSC - Most Unique Modification
MSC - Show & Shine
MSC - Best Install

The General Public (Not on the stand):
There is a public car park just outside of the showground and visitors will be allowed to enter on foot. Tickets are available at the public gate on both days.
Ticket prices are £10.00 per person, free for under 11's.
Cars must not be left overnight in the public car park.

Any Other information:

More information will be added if anything else is needed.

MSC rules at events:

The MSC accepts no responsibility for any damage or fines incurred by members during any Club events or outings that member may participate in.

The actions of the MSC sponsors are not controlled by the MSC or the Committee. The MSC and Committee in no way accept responsibility or liability for a sponsor's actions.

Members and their guests are responsible for their own actions and attend Club events at their own risk.

Members and their guests are expected at all times during Club outings and events to conduct themselves in a sensible and safe manner. This includes obeying all relevant traffic rules and laws. Any exceptions from this may result in immediate removal of membership.

The safety of its' members during Club outings and events is the highest priority of the MSC. However, the Club accepts no responsibility for any accidents or injuries that may occur during any outings or events. Anyone who acts in a manner that jeopardises the safety of themselves or others will be asked to have no further participation in that event and will be dealt with in a disciplinary manner in accordance with the Club's Rules.

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
With regards to the Car park that cant be occupied overnight...what if your a fully paid up member like myself....i know i have a corsa and it isnt a micra but i want to go down from friday till sunday...also if i provide my LED Scrolling Display for the stand.......... might that let me gain entry to the back of the MSC stand ?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I very much doubt a non jap car will be allowed into the stand areas for this event. Thats not down to the MSC but the event organisers.

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
so the organisers are saying that if you dont have a jap car or not part of a club you cant stay for the weekend and park in the public carpark.

In previous years on I have attended in non Jap cars and work in progress cars as a member of another club, JAe has always been about getting members together and from a club pov a chance for all members to get together...

Would be a shame to push people out or make them feel unwelcome as they may feel there cars may not be up to scratch...

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
paddymarsden said:
so the organisers are saying that if you dont have a jap car or not part of a club you cant stay for the weekend and park in the public carpark.

Obviously in the eyes of the msc you are always welcome to attend, it'd be good to see you there! Kev would have more accurate information on if your car is allowed or not. If it isnt, then im assuming you could find alternative ways to enter (walking in) and stay the duration as normal

I know non jap cars were at JAE 2004, but i dont recall seeing any last year

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
well im questioning the whole weekend because if the information is right, then its saying that the public car park cant be used over night for any of the 2 nights, ill wait for kev to see my posts.

im not trying to be aqward arnold its just i would rarther have my own car there than go in phils car so that i have the freedom if i wanna come home early (and that phil smells :p) joke

R

RIK

thers public camping so you will have to use the public car park....dont worry you will get parked

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
paddymarsden said:
im not trying to be aqward arnold its just i would rarther have my own car there than go in phils car so that i have the freedom if i wanna come home early (and that phil smells :p) joke

I know mate thats totally understandable!

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
I will check this with the organisers.

I see no reason why you cannot quote you are with the MSC on entrance regardless of a non jap car, however I know last year the camping area you weren't allowed to take your car in.

All cars had to be on the stand, if you do get it in then parking up at the rear of stand is fine with me.

I will clarify this asap as I know Rik is bringing friends with him also.

thanks
Kev

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Yes great, we have lots of room lol!

I'll add him to the list.

thanks
Kev

R

RIK

yeah no cars allowed in camping area..but there is long stay camping and public camping so they mite have different rules

E

emma/micra

can i come with my micra

do u have to sign up to make sure u can get ur car in id love to show off my car ,b the first time
DCFN0004.jpg

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Hi Emma.

Of course you can come anyone one is welcome as long as the car is clean and polished and WIP parts.

I'll add you to the list.

If you wish to become an offical you can do so by going to this page

full member package includes stickers, membership card, discounts, advanced forum access and more :)

thanks
Kev

E

emma/micra

kev i can only get there for the sunday..what do i pay and can i still drive my car through.

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
ok Emma, that's fine.

You just approach the main entrance and say you are showing with the MSC and they'll point you in the right direction.

thanks
Kev

B

benmicrasr

What time is it on until sunday kev?Can make it sunday if there is room on the stand?Cheers Ben

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Hey Ben,

nice 1 if you could come along. Get there for about 9ish in the morning, give you chance to polish up the car whilst all the MSC members awaken from the depths lol!

Kev

R

RIK

behind the stand is eds fireworks display..maybe he needs a corsa to fire them off (or at)

OP
OP
Kev

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Yes I think it may just be per car when entering.

thanks
Kev

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
The website says its per person, (£10 each), and then says its £10 per tent if your camping. I wasnt aware of this cost, can you confirm it applies to people on the club stand or just the general public?

E

emma/micra

kev
sorry but i cant come to this one so can you take me off the list lots bills coming out end of this month