• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The girlfriends Micra LS 1.0 4 speed

Hi, so I thought I should create a thread for this car as I've been on the forum a while but have never post.

We got the car last October for £350 1.0l 4 speed LS Champagne Beige 66k with a full MOT but had been off the road for a couple of years prior.
On the way home as it started to get warm it was plooming out blue smoke but as soon as we got home it had all cleared and had never come back since.

I bought oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, HT leads, dizy cap, rotor, disks, pads and cambelt kit.

The car was a joy to work on given the space in the engine bay and that bolts had been greased up from prior servicing!

As my girlfriend is still learning I have been using this as my daily to save fuel from my car, a 97 Volvo S70R and have grown very fond of it even with about 1/6th of the power of the R

Things that need doing are only small such as boot lifts are weak causing us a few bruised heads. Door pouch is off and a few squeaks and rattles.

Plans are getting new shocks (and lowering springs which I may have to "accidentally" buy in place of standards) as the current ones are rather soft.
Detail the engine bay.
Find replacement boot decals- Nissan Micra LS.
Refurb the standard steels.
General tidy as she is a 25 years old so not perfect.

I'll get some pictures up soon :)

Last edited:

Fujiwara-Ben

Site Supporter
Thought i was seeing double then haha. Exactly the same as my little beasty :)

DSCF2459.JPG
Well how it used to be anyway haha. Anyway great little find. Good luck with it, i'm sure it'll serve you well and probably get quite attached to it :)

If it were my own car things would be different haha but as it's not, it will be staying OEM, which is nice in a way as I modify cars too much....
Might stick on a few cheeky mods that she won't realize. "why is the exhaust loud??" me- "must be blowing, I'll take a look at it next weekend.."

Bad news :( found some rot on the lower sills by the door pillar which will cause an MOT fail. Luckily I have a friend who can patch it up for me. I'm too used to french car's which do not rot so was not expecting this

Fujiwara-Ben

Site Supporter
I will give French cars that. They don't usually rust that bad. My mate has a 106 and abuses the thing uses it all the time in all weathers and has never failed on rust :L

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Bad news :( found some rot on the lower sills by the door pillar which will cause an MOT fail. Luckily I have a friend who can patch it up for me. I'm too used to french car's which do not rot so was not expecting this
Bloomin' hell, obviously never seen a 205! Still can find a clean one but most have rusted beyond recognition haha

Hmm I was very familiar with them in few years back and hadn't came across many rusty ones.Mine had a tiny tiny bit on it.

I have got the rust sorted thanks to a friendly guy on the Volvo club. Haven't had it painted so it currently has two black patches on the sill. Keep menaing to get some pictures up but hopefully I will get some tomorrow after a good compound polish to try and get rid of the faded lacquer.
I have also found a rather loud air horn which may have to go on the car!