The future MSC

h701micra

Deactivated Account
There's been a dramatic downhill trend with the forum recently and people have many an opinion to share it would seem

Well instead of whinging and whining lets have ideas to improve the situation. What's your thoughts?

Spoke to @James about this and aside from the forum itself, has anyone got any ideas how to improve paid membership situation?
What would entice you to purchase a membership? Better benefits, discounts etc

Before I get any "who do you think you are" or "you're not the chairman what's it to you". I'm a member of this club like all of you and like to see it improve. As I'm sure you do.
I got permission from James to post this up beforehand

Let's hear it folks. Have your say

T-shirt thread here:
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/msc-clothing-what-do-you-guys-want.60068/

Last edited:

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
I'd like to see regional areas (e.g. south west and wales, london and south east etc) and organisers for those areas can help arrange regular local monthly meets, larger gatherings etc. I think encouraging as much face to face as possible will help prevent some of this counterproductive culture thats started permeating the car scene in general.

i agreee with the local area sections would be nice to see other micra owners in east anglia lol, also a free/swap shop for those who like to give/swap bits instead of clogging up for sale sections, maybe even a downloadable club card with the forum address on so people who spot other micras can slip a card under a wiper to help gather more members

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
Yes...more regionalness would be great (especially East Anglia!)...

...and t-shirts.

...or wristbands...I do like wristbands.

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

Think there's a few now in East Anglia...

Regional groups would be good, membership prices aren't too bad but more benefits would always be good :)

OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
T-Shirts and merchandise etc would be good. But the initial outlay for the msc would be quite high.

Need a high influx of paid members to make it a reality

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
But yeah, from experience a monthly meet:
* is a great place to pawn off your unwanted bits
* form stronger relationships with fellow members which creates more dedicated and vocal members
* having multiple regions each organising local events generates more activities as a whole for the club which should encourage growth (as the 1 or 2 big ones we had last year made the club seem a bit dead)
* having regions making their own events encourages members to invest more time into the club, making them want to take better care of it
* organised regions gives the club a more proffessional image that is more attractive to members, and would also make other clubs see us in a better light, possibly leading to collaborative events
* regional groups tend to do annual charity events, increasing the profile and raising the perception of the club by the public
I can probably add hundreds more reasons :)

Last edited:

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
* monthly regional meets help attract more members who may not want to spend all day every day on the forum like some of us sado's (referring to myself before anyone gets funny :p )
* is a good opportunity to ensure some of the more forgotten about cars or cars without blogs get some limelight, so people can see how realy big the club is (think of all the lurkers :) )
* stronger regional groups can help promote local styles, diversifying the club with different styles and mods
* tool sharing and regional club tools, e.g. engine cranes (members chip in together), makes modding and looking after your car MUCH cheaper making it a more appealing prospect to join the club (more benefits)
* good excuse to get out of the house for a curry and a pint (or maccy d's and a coke of thats what you're after)
* inter-region competitions

... ok its my bed time, if I think of any more I'll add them :)

Discounts on members parts:
Such as andy's coilies
Noddies stuff
Franks stuff etc etc

More communication with potential part sellers for discounts. Companies like Wiechers/FK tuning art

Matt Humphies parts - might be hard

Local area mechanics/welders/mappers/engineers thread for members - help parts getting fitted

I'll give discounts for members on my parts too :)

James

Chairman
April Fools!

Seriously though, thanks for the suggestions so far, there are some very good ones and some I wish I'd thought of!

Keep them coming and I will definitely put some of them into motion! :)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
I think all we need is a thread from you @James in each of the areas asking for Rep Nominations now, and a little paragraph maybe on what might be expected of a Rep in terms of sorting a monthly meet and it's time and location, stuff like that :)

James

Chairman
I think all we need is a thread from you @James in each of the areas asking for Rep Nominations now, and a little paragraph maybe on what might be expected of a Rep in terms of sorting a monthly meet and it's time and location, stuff like that :)
I'm quite busy with all sorts of things today but I will try to get a thread up either today or tomorrow :)

James

Chairman
What difference does it make james gold is for 2 years right? Is that the only difference over silver?
Buying Gold also saves you money by purchasing 2 years in advance :)

It's a remnant over our previous structure which was:

Bronze - Online only
Silver - 1st year on MSC
Gold - 2nd year on MSC
Platinum - 3 years+ on MSC