the end of my micra days...

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
well i have sold my micra and i dont intend on buying another one, ive had my fun with them and owned a few, now it time to move onto somthing else...

iam gonna miss the MSC, ive made alot of friends through this fourm. i want to thank james and kev for the good run ive had over the years...same goes for all the members that met me in person. p.s the fourm atmosphere is great! one of the best fourms ive ever been part of (Y)

anyway, car wise i was looking at saxos and 106's but there to common for my style...

so me beeing me i went and brought a citroen AX 1.1 and iam gonna build it up from a poverty spec base to a GT replica.

yes i know it french and it will more than likely breakdown but for some reason i like it lol....and saxo and 106 parts fit! so parts are everywhere! (Y)

dan

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
ace, glad you remembered me, no way i could forget anyone who was there, i must admit i was tempted to get a citroen or peugeot

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
like i said on face book ya radgieeeeeee lol na man each to their own we all need to move on some time i just wish i hadnt now as every one knew my micra i want it back lol

James

Chairman
You're a brave man Dan, get a rollcage for it, I know how much they're prone to leaning! ;)

Good to have you here though mate, I'm sure you'll be back anyway, everyone always is!

James :)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
AX seems like a backwards step! Still, just because you've sold the Micra doesn't mean you should leave the club. I've not got a Micra anymore :)

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :eek:

Slaps Dan silly................what have you done! lol

I've managed to avoid the joys of the AX since becoming self employed because now I can just send them away but I do remember the large 'stick' that links the footbrake on the drivers side with the master cylinder on the passenger side used to sieze up.

I remember having to find out if the car had Bendix or ATE brakes before ordering anything because of Citroens 'Fit whats closest off the shelf' production technique.

I remember that if you don't keep the rear brakes adjusted correctly when you brake it rips the linings off the shoes.

I remember customers claiming we had fitted 'cheap parts' when they had to replace the wheel cylinders every year. Technically they were right. We used Genuine Citroen ones!

I remember them failing the MOT because condensation built up in the seat frames and made them colapse at the slightest hint of a water leak.

I remember learning to check wiring connectors everytime I had an electrical fault on the AX because chances are they had rusted away.

I remember the bumpers that appeared to be made by the guy who makes those boxes people keep fishing stuff in.

I remember how 'good' they look with big alloy wheels, only 3 wheel bolts and puny 'shirt button' brake discs.

I remember the 'GT' models with the wheels that used to corrode as you drove out the showroom.

It is true Pug 106 parts are mostly interchangable as the 106 is exactly the same car but mildly better looking.

Seriously, why, out of all the cars in the world why did you have to buy one of the worst?

I have nothing against you, I am trying to provide advice and guidance based on my experience.
Please ditch the AX!

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Well I never got to meet you, but I hope you come back to us soon whe the market is back up you could buy the new Micra if it ever comes out, lol.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Why Dan?

Thats cool though dude, i bet you will end up coming back as the micra bug is so addictive!!!!

mate best of luck on the new ride, french wouldnt e my idea but everyone to there own. i had a punto and come back to the micra i just prefure them but dude best of luck n update the pics on here sumtime im sure people would still like to see them even if there not a micra

Robb

Site Supporter
Id of said get a ZX but all the good ones are long, hmmm wonder why :D

If the AX be your cuppa wee then godspeed but it wont take the abuse! Best of luck though :)