the clicking continues - where is the fuel pump relay? and the headlight relay?

hi,
it's george again, some of you must think i'm really dim now!!
i have replaced all 3 relays in the rectangular box besdie the battery - and still the clicking and the warning light on the temp guage display continue.
also, where is the headlight relay?

can anybody tell me what the 3 relays are for - the ones i changed?
george.

more stuff - the car is a micra profile, july 1999 - i'm sure the relay for the fuel pump is not at the driver's right foot!
i have rummaged behind the panel there twice....

Did you check injectors fuse? Its in engine the bay. It can get really corroded. When my was bad the pump was clicking forever and light was on.

hey mckenzie i think you have it - clicking and light on.....thass the prob for me!!
can you tell me which fuse is for the injectors? 3 of the fuses in the box in front of the battery are not identified on the top of the box, is it one of those?
the 3 unIded are 10A and 2 at 15A.
also if the prob really is corrosion, how to fix?
george.

Hope that is the problem.
20100824_001.jpg

20100824_003.jpg

You should have it same, my LH lamb fuse is missing atm so hope its not confusing.
I just cleaned the fuse with bit of sandpaper and sprayed WD40 into the holder.

apparently i don't have injection....one of the guys in the house here told me....somebody at this end knows summat anyways....
i looked at all of the smaller fuses - all of them are in perfect nick, so ,,,um,,,,,,,

recent changes to car..

yep
1. new ignition switch
2. new heater matrix
3. new ecu - minus immobiliser
4. so now i have 2 probs , as discussed:
1. headlight on driver side not working on normal beam - ok on main beam.
2. endless clicking and power loss at the same time.

i have spent about £700 on it since i bought it about 2 months ago,
will be going to work in heavy rain on a pushbike tomo.....sob!!
george

did you change the injector fuse? you do have fuel injecting 100%. I have known fuses to blow slightly (crack) but look fine, worth a try.
did you check the fuse box to the left of your engine bay for the headlight fuse?
good luck with it :)

Back