the car ... decisions

Ok here's my situation, I can save 10,000 pounds in 3 years (if i'm good, lol) so here's my decision I either do loads to the micra, spend 1000 on the micra this year then buy a skyline R34 after 3, or, spend 1000 this year and save for a skyline 2000GTR (epicly cool). Now the R34 is easily fastest so i'm thinking that, gimme yo suggestions (Y)

The way I've been messed around by insurers the past few days, I'd expect to pay £10,000 for the insurance alone on a Skyline.

But yeah, R34 has to be done. Although the GTR..... ahgfhghadgfhasgdfjhadsgf can't decide. Save harder and buy both :laugh:

could get yourself a gtir can pick one up for less than 3k nowadays and imo their ultra cool otherwise if i was gonna go skyline it would be an r32 no contest i used to like the r34 but it just faded away with me don't know why but i guess im just a old skool fan

Some Skylines are megabucks though, for really good ones. And insurance will be a nightmare - before you turn 25 (when apparently you become Michael Schumacher :glare:) they'll just look at something like a Skyline and say "boy racer/street racer/drifer", and charge you ridiculous amounts to insure it :suspect:. That said, I would be inclined to go for the less pricey GTIR, or an R32 if you can afford it. Speaking of, how is the parcel shelf and backbox getting on? :laugh::p

Pretty much. There's an R32 that comes down to my local cruise, all the bells and whistles - twin turbo, full engine rebuild, straight through stainless steel system, full (genuine) carbon fibre bodywork, Lowehart alloys. Dread to think how much that costs him a year :eek:. There seem to be scores of drift/street racing cars turning up round my end - Supras, Eclipses, Skylines, Silvias, 200SXs, an couple of replica AE86s, an NSX, and a genuine Trueno (which makes a lot of sex wee come out when you see it :p)

haha yeah wouldn't like to imagine. there isn't much like that round here (drift cars) there's a couple of 200'sx's but nothing spectacular there used to be a 400bhp rx7 that sounded stunning and there was a 500bhp Sierra cosworth but never anything interesting its mainly saxo's and nova's proper chav crap lol.

We have our fair share of chavvy cars here :laugh:. But the good thing about the drift/drag cars is they're not just posers - they really do drift and race, and rather well I have to say (Y)

haha thats true i would never race a chav i always let them speed ahead like berks and i save my petrol i get to scared incase one of them was to lose control and smack into the side of me cause they certainly can't drive :laugh:

Talking of chavs, I was driving down the lanes near Watford yesterday morning, behind a corsa twinport who was behind a BMW 3-series. Just as the Beemer slowed down, whilst signalling right, mr chavsta decided it was a perfect time to overtake, despite the road being barely wide enough for 2. Luckily Beemer man saw him just in time to avoid a 3-car pile up.

I decided to teach the rude boy a lesson - It took a whopping 10 seconds to get right on his tail, despite his best efforts. Thats when I really fell in love with my micra - I can't wait to begin the mods and teach the rest of the bad boys a lesson ;)

In 3 years time so much will change... I say save your money and wait and see what cars come available. Like if in 6 months time you have £2000 you might just wana blow it on the Micra! Then your left with nothing and a beast of a wee car to #### more people off. From my experience I buy on impulse if i have the money. If I don't then I'm just too poor to afford that car lol!

Good luck with all your car choices mate :)

Pepper.

Ps one time I bought a Micra super s off eBay cause it had disc brakes... That's the kin of impulse buying I do lol!

Yeah all good suggestions, and the parcel shelf is fitted, sounds better now :) and the backbox isn't yet due to insurance company XD will be fitted next summer :)

Back