The Best Way To Tune Up Your K10 Micra

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
Mark said:
have you bought that black k10 SS then mat?

what are you planning for it?

im picking it up on saturday mate, which tbh cant come soon enough! ive wanted a super s forever and this one is just perfect, mods will be to start with;

Alloys, lowered and a nice exhaust system then ill be putting all the effort under the hood, with manifolds being a priority!

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
you to dan dan micra man! its been far to long!!! i tell you what once im there and the tax is sorted im fancing a pint down the pub! and also ask wayne where the bits that go round the metal bits on the head rests are!!! i want them! lol im knocking at least £2.50 off the asking price if not!! lol

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
The what lol?? Yeah will look forward to it mate, although I don't finish work til 5 which is a bit gay, and then will be off down to Santa Pod later on but I'm up for that. You coming to Santa Pod??

I'm sorry to dig this old thread back up, but I was wondering, has any of you guys actually tried the nova inlet with nova carb ? What's the result ?

And I was also wondering, is the inlet of an ma12 bigger than the ma10 inlet, or is it the same ?

Thanks,

Ne1LL.

OP
OP
bobsp16

bobsp16

Site Supporter
paul_k10_Lx said:
bob have u tried a 1.3 webber twin choke from a polo / golf i was told these are very good and easily tuned carbs

no not tried the vw one

i have used an 1.3 nova inlet welded to the micra flanges and it was ok but the peiberg carb is no better than the nissan one.

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
bobsp16 said:
no not tried the vw one

i have used an 1.3 nova inlet welded to the micra flanges and it was ok but the peiberg carb is no better than the nissan one.

i know i was chattin to a dub guy and he said when the peiburgs went wrong vw would replace them with the better twin choke webber

bombz4

Ex. Club Member
bob have you ever thought of producing a few of these to sell? as you started the thread saying you can make them and for a decent price id be interested! no need for a carb just purely the manifold modded to fit.??

OP
OP
bobsp16

bobsp16

Site Supporter
bombz4 said:
bob have you ever thought of producing a few of these to sell? as you started the thread saying you can make them and for a decent price id be interested! no need for a carb just purely the manifold modded to fit.??

i have made about 8 now for people on the road and autograss.mark had one but he took it somewere to get it setup and they ####ed it up,so he lost interest and sold it to a lad that races and he is flying.
people think that you can bolt something like this on and straight away its fine,,,,,,its not its got to be setup by somewone that nows what they are doing on a rolling road,just setting the co up on idle will not sort any flatspots out.

i even brought myself the carb replacement weber 34ich kit for the micra ma12 and it was miles out,pumpjet to small and very lean in the midrange,
when it 1st went on the rollers it was 84bhp@flywheel and when it was sorted out it came off the rollers at 91
thats the sheet that i put up on one thread but people started taking the #### so i removed it

B

blue

anti-tamper on mixture screw

Hi,
reading this thread suggests there`s a great deal of knowhow ,amongst members,what in your opinions, is the best way to remove the outer part of the tamper, with a view to adjusting the mixture with ease on the micra k10

Blue

bombz4

Ex. Club Member
been doing a little home work on the subject, but i must be looking in the wrong places because people seem afraid to try and touch it! i keep getting told "Unfortunately we do not get involved in conversion tuning" i wanna slap 'em and say its not a conversion just trying to use what ive got!

bob was your proffesionally set up or just fiddled with on a r-road? and sorry to ask again but would you sell a manifold? pending me finding a place to set it up:glance:

Kev said:
Yep that was correct Mat.

That was with the exhaust manifold and obviously custom inlet manifold for the carbs that was customised from the xr2i twin carb manifold and the standard k10 one.

:suspect: Not sure, but doesn't xr2i stand for injection ? Then how can it have a carb ?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Ne1LL said:
:suspect: Not sure, but doesn't xr2i stand for injection ? Then how can it have a carb ?

Convert the K10 to fuel injection like the March Turbo is