The beast!!! Clean well clean ish :D

S

Slim

bump stops are a bad idea. If you have a rubbing probem, put a smaller circumfrance wheel/tyre on or trim the arch.

The suspensipon is designed to travel to its full hieght/compression if it needs to. If it suddenly meets a bumpstop it is being comproised, and could easily lead you to spin, and with the safety of a K10, death could be quite likely.

So, hack your rear arches to bits, or be sensible and get a smaller wheel/tyre package. It might comproise the looks, but it will have benefits. 185/50/14 are a good alternitave

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Slim said:
bump stops are a bad idea. If you have a rubbing probem, put a smaller circumfrance wheel/tyre on or trim the arch.

The suspensipon is designed to travel to its full hieght/compression if it needs to. If it suddenly meets a bumpstop it is being comproised, and could easily lead you to spin, and with the safety of a K10, death could be quite likely.

So, hack your rear arches to bits, or be sensible and get a smaller wheel/tyre package. It might comproise the looks, but it will have benefits. 185/50/14 are a good alternitave

I had my bump stops on my K10 for over a year and when cut down to the required level where perfectly fine. I have bump stops on my corolla and these have been changed for the powerflex ones that are infact significantly smaller then OEM toyota ones.

To stop the arches rubbing when lowered -35mm on uprated shocks, I believe my boge shocks where slightly shorter then OEM nissan ones. You only in fact need bump stops at around 1/2 an inch to stop the rubbing, thus allowing for suffiencent suspension travel and certainly no risk of leading to a spin or death for that matter .

Kev

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Lol, I'm sure its almost impossible to spin my car!!! Its just grips and grips to the road so well. Bump stops don't really make much difference to the ride quality as such, although obviously with it been lowered it is a bit bumpy anyway. I could probably take them off now anyway since I have got wide arches on it lol. :)

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Sorry, fell in to the trap of hi-jacking the thread lol. :p Looks great though mate, so much better than it did. Looks very shiny now hehe. :) Think you should keep the wheels to but get 45 profile tyres as they shouldn't rub at all anyway. :) Keep it up mate. :D

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
thanks ya'll, when i can afford it im gonna get 45 profiles for it. think i best save up for that :)

as for you rimmer, the car covered in oversray or was there still plenty on the front bumper ill save you a bit lol! #####!

btw i want to thank fox as well for spending saturday helping me clean the crap off the car ;)

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
i best get it proper clean then lol stereo is in now have to fit my crossovers and tweeters... but i have no idea about where to put them.... k10 aint to good for stereo install

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Mine!?!!?!?! When was i asked about this lmao

Im going to the isle of wight on saturday! I was all up for meeting LAST saturday but someone was busy cleaning there car!

fox1983

Deactivated Account
oh ok matt is a silly boy he told me to keep weekend clear as ur coming donw and i could do a feature for the newsletter of all 3

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
i agree! its all rimmers fault!

btw ed where do you think is best to fit rear speakers? on the parcel shelf? or the rear door cards? for overall sound quality.. :D

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Both as good as eachother, rear fill works better from the parcle shelf. Hide them behind acoustic cloth though as youll proably end up with them nicked otherwise.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Speedle said:
i agree! its all rimmers fault!

lmao

Mate stick em in the shelf like mine. You should hear it with the subs working n that!! sounds awesome

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
indeed will do chaps, need to get a better amp for my sub tho the little alpint is a bit paints really, its only good for speakers....

man i really got to sort my spelling out...

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
I got bump stops fitted to mine today (Cheers Krazy) and they're absolutly fantastic. I recommend them to anyone whos got tyres rubbing on arches etc! They were only £15 too

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
:D and it took less than 30 mins to remove the shocks fit the bump stops and get her on the road again, minus the rubbing :D ill be getting myself some of them :D

post some pics of our mini meet mate :D

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Will do when i get in! Krazy also sorted my clutch out too. I lost 1st, 2nd and reverse when i got to lee-on-solent and now shes shifting better than ever!