the angel of the north

Ian

Ex. Club Member
before its on the news, the angel of the north has been sprayed by animal protesters. Across the wings in 8ft letters it says "Procter & Gamble test on animals". It'll probably be on tomorrow :)

Ian

Dusk

Deactivated Account
Doesnt supprise me; if they value human lives over animals then there isnt much they wont do. These are the type of people who will make a "Human" Zoo with all types of differnt people in then grind down other humans and feed it to them - JUST to prove a point.
I agree that testing cosmetic products on animals is wrong; but medial research is a must(or "was" a must until stem cell)

gam1984

Professional lurker.....
Got to say it shows the stupidity of some of these people.....Don't take any action at all towards the company they're trying to fight against, but vandalize public property instead (which we're all going to have to pay to have cleaned up now out of our taxes).

Not exactly turning people onto their cause is it? Idiots.

R

RIK

gam1984 said:
Got to say it shows the stupidity of some of these people.....Don't take any action at all towards the company they're trying to fight against, but vandalize public property instead (which we're all going to have to pay to have cleaned up now out of our taxes).

Not exactly turning people onto their cause is it? Idiots.

well news soon got round about this...obv made an impact

B

Ben

When was this forum introduced lol? It shud b pulled down anyway its a disgrace! It was funny when they stuck the toon top on it with number 9 on the back ha ha, i think the mackems tried something similar not so long back but it was a failure like there team

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Big_ben said:
When was this forum introduced lol? It shud b pulled down anyway its a disgrace! It was funny when they stuck the toon top on it with number 9 on the back ha ha, i think the mackems tried something similar not so long back but it was a failure like there team

Yeah i remember that on the news, quite amusing! Dont you northerners see it as a symbol of home or something? E.g. if your driving back from somewhere and you see it then you know your almost back! Just something i've read thats all ;)

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
bloody vandals, what makes me laugh is these people love animals yet dont think twice about harming humans! spot the logic lol

B

Ben

well yeah in a way. coz it sticks out like a sore thumb, but its just the same as i know im nearly home when i pass the postbox in my street - stupid people write stupid things lol - it looks like a warplane has crashed head down and just stuck there and lay for a few years

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
micra man said:
Does look awful like. :) They could have done it in a different colour, other than rust!!!

LMAO yea rust that georgous turd colour lol :D

mean micra

www.mightymicra.co.uk
micra man said:
Does look awful like. :) They could have done it in a different colour, other than rust!!!

i say a lets vandalise the angel MSC style...

since you dont like the rust colour, i say we have a photoshop challenge...lol

see who can give it the best MSC makeover... i think shiny chrome, so it blinds you when the sun hits it...

gam1984

Professional lurker.....
RIK said:
well news soon got round about this...obv made an impact

Agreed that its got people talking about it, but if they've got to use methods like that to voice their opinions, then they obviously haven't got anything very intelligant to say.

mean micra said:

since you dont like the rust colour, i say we have a photoshop challenge...lol

see who can give it the best MSC makeover... i think shiny chrome, so it blinds you when the sun hits it...

I like that idea lol.

Glenn

Ex. Club Member
mean micra said:

Micra_1.4_SX_3_Door.jpg

i was looking for pics of micras on the net and it appears that micras have already made a trip to the angel! :p

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
ahhh well, the way i see it, that "art work" is the biggest waste of money ever, even worse than out "fountain roundabout" at seaburn lol! and its in newcastle, the pitts of the north east hahah! (no offence ppl!)

M

Melanie

I drive up to Newcastle quite often as my best mate lives there, and I love to see the Angel. I like the idea of it watching over the city and think it's a nice way to welcome people.

I agree that the colour is not the best, but if they had done it in chrome we'd all be dazzled when the sun came out LOL (not that it does very oten up there!!)

R

runaway-robot

it was ment to have the wings like that... and it was ment to be the rust colour... ugh :glare: ppl should read up on things before they knock it lol

OP
OP
I

Ian

Ex. Club Member
runaway-robot said:
it was ment to have the wings like that... and it was ment to be the rust colour... ugh :glare: ppl should read up on things before they knock it lol

i know its meant to have wings like that, its just stupid. Since when has an angel had the aerodynamic ability to do mach 3? :\

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
When they said an angel I thought that they would make something with this sort of shape but in chrome or a nice colour...

angel.jpg

Nice idea, just hate the way it looks, seems like they took the metal from the factory and stuck it together. :s

What an angel that is by the way!!! Woo.

Pete

Site Supporter
I didn't see any writing on it, tho I must admit I didn't look when I was heading south as I was battling with a truck that soo wasn't speed limited. Didn't see it on Look North (the local look north not our yorkshire look north) either.

OP
OP
I

Ian

Ex. Club Member
it was gone in the morning :s. Maybe it was something hung over it... not sure but it was there, wish i had gotten a picture :(

Pete

Site Supporter
Ian said:
it was gone in the morning :s. Maybe it was something hung over it... not sure but it was there, wish i had gotten a picture :(

Ahh ok, I don't feel so much of a plonker now then. I bet I looked a rite idiot craning my neck trying to see driving up the A1, like people do the first time they see it.

OP
OP
I

Ian

Ex. Club Member
i like the angel of the north. they are trying to copy it in dundee, with a smaller one holding the art block up. now, that looks poop

Layla

Hugh

The angel is supposed to be rusty, it's due to it beinmg made of Corton Steel (sp?) which produces a patina when exposed to the elements to prevent corrosion. Same as building girders.

I shot a documentary on the Angel when it was getting built back when I was at uni, have a tonne of useless info lying around on the angel somewhere.