The 15 British Marines and sailors...

misterBaz

Ex. Club Member
Sorry, I've just been to the newsagents and every paper I looked at was complaining about how the 15 British Marines and sailors that have just been released from captivity in Iran behaved!!

I can't believe it. Maybe it is just me, but we've just had our lads and lass returned to us in perfect health, from a hostile nation, I think that's cause for celebration, not condemning them for the way they behaved.

I thought they did fine. Yes there are rules of war where you should only give your rank and number, but hello, we're not AT war with Iran!

I feel that I must be losing touch with the world when everything I read condemns these people. Typical Britain, HAVING to complain about everything.

Thoughts are with the 4 Brits and 8 Yanks killed in yesterdays ambush in Iraq.

It was fairly obvious that they were being forced to act the way they did all the way along. Off camera they probably had guns to their heads. It was clear that the RM officers in particular were not at all happy with what was going on. I mean, just look at the letter that the female RN soldier 'wrote' - all that rubbish about coming home with a present from Iran??!! Of course Iran would use the whole thing as a PR exercise, to try and show the West that they are a reasonable nation, and that if they are dealt with as such then they will respond accordingly. I do think that Blair's immediate condemnation of Iran yesterday was a bit rash though.

there home alive meany others have been taken captive an come home in a box and no head! thats all that matters

there home alive meany others have been taken captive an come home in a box and no head! thats all that matters

They were detained by a goverment - not some rebels or "jihad warriors" in iraq. Just seen it on the news that Iran wants a good will guesture for releasing the troops - namely the release of 4 Iranian officals held by the US.

No one noticed that the UN sanctions came into play about 24 hours before the troops were detained? Iran was flexing it's musscles at the "west" (UN namely) showing that it too can play "dirty" as Iran doesn't believe the UN has the power to stop it.

You have to be very careful in Iran as it is very strict on certain aspects of life - along with syria. The pair are no doubt funding rebels in Iraq (what ever happened to that word - rebels. now it's a terrorist - anyway...) the only problem the collilition forces have is proving it - which is very hard to do.

Iran was simply showing the UN that it too can detain troops (as the US are doing at camp X-Ray and as mentioned the 4 Iranian diplomats (note: The US has made no charges against the 4 yet - so looking at the bigger picture Iran isn't as bad as the US - hell at least the Iranian's have a reason!)

And before this gets into a whole middle east arguement I will be keeping a close eye on this tread.

Cheers :)

Back