• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The £80 Micra

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Pretty much where it should be given the setup. To get where you were hoping, (circa 150bhp), you have to do a considerable amount of work.

Attached is a dyno of a CG13DE, 773 cams, Omex 600 ecu, group A exhaust and a set of NME spec Jenvey throttlebodies. FYI, that would do a timed 0-60mph run (GTech Pro) on a level surface of 7.6secs.

Attachments

Pretty much where it should be given the setup. To get where you were hoping, (circa 150bhp), you have to do a considerable amount of work.

Attached is a dyno of a CG13DE, 773 cams, Omex 600 ecu, group A exhaust and a set of NME spec Jenvey throttlebodies. FYI, that would do a timed 0-60mph run (GTech Pro) on a level surface of 7.6secs.
Thanks for sharing that printout, and yes I agree that 150bhp would need a lot more work.
Was that 7.6 sec done on a CG13 gearbox?

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Thanks for sharing that printout, and yes I agree that 150bhp would need a lot more work.
Was that 7.6 sec done on a CG13 gearbox?
Yes, 1.3 box with LSD, so no traction issues and 60mph in 2nd gear. CG10 box doesn't quite stretch long enough to hit 60mph, so is slower due to an extra shift.

Yes, 1.3 box with LSD, so no traction issues and 60mph in 2nd gear. CG10 box doesn't quite stretch long enough to hit 60mph, so is slower due to an extra shift.
Makes sense then, I'm running a CG10 box on higher rev limit so it just about hits 60 in second. This was the main talking point for me and Mark when we were first discussing mapping, the thought of hitting 60mph in second gear!

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Same, 7600rpm rev limit.

That's why I favour the CGA3 box on the turbo, 60mph comes easily in 2nd. Never timed a 60mph run though as I sold my timing gear 😔