• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The £120 project micra.

Well my sister is doing her lessons just now and i started to look for a cheap car for her.
Well the security guard at work owned the white micra, which broke down outside the site a few weeks ago, its mot was just about to run out that week and he was going to scrap it anyway, i got it for £20.
I then got the red one for its engine for £80, off this i used the engine, box, a driveshaft, a tail light, rear bumper, back seats and passenger seat.
I then got a new front cross member for it £20 and got it up and running. It failed its mot on emmisions and a wheel bearing, I got the lamda from the original engine and a new wheel bearing was £20.
I put it in for its mot again today, which it passed, unforunatly i was charged £10 retest so the mot total was £60
So in total the car was £200 but i am getting £80 back for the red one from the scrappy so £120 For a micra with a years mot!! It could of been £100 but the wheel bearing was knackered on the red one too grr
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I'm hoping to sell the throtle body too, to try and pay towards tax:laugh:
DSCN5012.jpg

DSCN5014.jpg

DSCN5023.jpg

DSCN5046.jpg

DSCN5048.jpg

And how it would look if it wore the 17's from my pulsar :laugh: :laugh:

Photo-0314.jpg

Fantastic mate well done! Now that's modding on a budget........maybe you didn't modify much but the same principal can be used!

K reg K11 is quite rare! but good work :) Looks rediculous with those alloys tho!

Haha those alloys look wicked on that. Funny how my 17s don't look that big though :S

EDIT: Oh wait, they're only photoshopped on. That'd be why :p

no there actually sitting against the car, you will see the steel wheels threw them there off of this...
DSCN4570.jpg

The build is down by £2.10 found change in the red one when i was swaping the seats over, also got which i forgot to mention, its fuel cap, horn, parcel shelft, middle seat belt and rear passenger seat belt as these were dirty.
I never knew the k-reg's were so rare shame it got smashed!!

Back