• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The £80 Micra

Welp, i'll look around to see what i can find. At the end, plans arent that clear at this point, just got a second facelift bumper and it comes without the fog lights cover, and people around here thinks that each cover is worth the same as the whole bumper lol. I need to administrate my money xD but thanks a lot anyway.

Welp, i'll look around to see what i can find. At the end, plans arent that clear at this point, just got a second facelift bumper and it comes without the fog lights cover, and people around here thinks that each cover is worth the same as the whole bumper lol. I need to administrate my money xD but thanks a lot anyway.

Haha yeah its crazy how some K11 parts hold so much value.

Update:

GSX600R Throttle Bodies Conversion

I have started prepping the throttle bodies for the car - I have removed the upper throttle plates but that's about it, as I didn't know what else to do! (ANY TIPS APPRECIATED ON WHAT ELSE I CAN REMOVE OFF THE BODIES - I am thinking upper throttle position sensor is not needed and none of the throttle cables are needed??)
I have started attempting to make a VERY ROUGH cardboard model of a plenum chamber. The idea is to have a single 3 inch (not 100% on size yet) intake pipe going from the airbox straight to the front grill with a massive Powertec cone filter on the end; these filters are steel mesh and so are a great deal less restrictive than paper/foam filters.
3. I have also now given my mechanic the spare K11 inlet manifold for him to fabricate into a manifold for the throttle bodies.

IMG-9376.JPG

The end goal is something like this but with a larger airbox:

IMG-9364.JPG

IMG-9365.JPG

2. Hardrace Engine Mounts - I purchased some stiffer engine mounts due to the crazy amount of axle tramping/torque steer/difficult gear changes etc. Will update when fitted in.

unnamed.jpg

3. Twin Reverse Light Look - As already stated, this has been fitted but never uploaded a photo until now. The driver side taillight is actually new so will take about 20 years before it goes a bit darker like the passenger side taillight... can you notice the axle shift due to lack of a panhard rod :0

IMG-9370.JPG

Last edited:
Maybe i'm missing something here, but what about the rear fog light?

Ha yes Scrubworks also brought that up.
The car only LOOKS like it has two reverse lights.
There is only one reverse light.
The driver side 'reverse light' is actually a red bulb that turns on when I turn the fog light on, as I haven't changed any of the wiring.
There is the whole issue of having a fog light which is in a silver housing but hopefully will be okay - I still have the spare light so could always change over for MOT.

Edit - have looked at the vehicle light regulations and it only implies that the colour of the light must be red, it doesn't say anything about the housing itself having to be red as well so I think I'll be okay.

Of course if anyone thinks I am wrong, please do chip in as I don't want to look like a misinformed idiot!

Last edited:
Ha yes Scrubworks also brought that up.
The car only LOOKS like it has two reverse lights.
There is only one reverse light.
The driver side 'reverse light' is actually a red bulb that turns on when I turn the fog light on, as I haven't changed any of the wiring.
There is the whole issue of having a fog light which is in a silver housing but hopefully will be okay - I still have the spare light so could always change over for MOT.

Edit - have looked at the vehicle light regulations and it only implies that the colour of the light must be red, it doesn't say anything about the housing itself having to be red as well so I think I'll be okay.

Of course if anyone thinks I am wrong, please do chip in as I don't want to look like a misinformed idiot!
I mean, Peugeot used green housings for their blinkers, so you should be good lmao
Also, LED lights allow for clear housings all the way, so i don't see an issue there. Didn't think about red bulbs though!

I have finished the rough model of how the intake will look. I am aware its a shoddy job and almost like a child put it together lol but that's the whole point of a quick cardboard model.
Can probably go a little longer and wider on the airbox but I am conscious of the height of the whole set up :/

I'm also concerned as to whether a single 3-inch intake pipe will be enough to supply enough air to all 4 throttle bodies, as people tend to use this intake pipe when they just have one stock throttle body! Any advice is appreciated.

Once the throttle bodies are in, then its just a case of giving someone the dimensions of the airbox for them to make me one out of aluminium/steel.

IMG-9387.JPG

IMG-9383.JPG

Last edited:
So actually I was thinking about making the final thing out of cardboard and I have managed to make a decent attempt, its VERY sturdy despite appearances and reasonably accurate as well. But I have overlooked the fact that its a fire hazard as has been pointed out to me by fellow MSC members.

IMG-9391.JPG
IMG-9401.JPG

Last edited:
So actually I was thinking about making the final thing out of cardboard and I have managed to make a decent attempt, its VERY sturdy despite appearances and reasonably accurate as well.

Next step is to cover it in black paint to make it waterproof and reinforce it with a **** ton of celloptape.

To all the people who are thinking - is he actually serious about making it out of cardboard, yes I am, cba paying £150-£200 for a custom one (these are the sort of quotes I have been getting...which is more than what I paid for the throttle bodies!).

If I was going for Jenveys, then fair enough on paying a few hundred for a custom airbox, but what I am doing is a proper budget setup so it has to live up to expectations, so please don't make fun loool...

View attachment 66153View attachment 66154

I swear this isn't any kind of joke or whatever, i'm 100% serious;

My K11 subwoofer box is made out ofaround 4 rolls of kitchen paper, 1.5kg of glue, and some reinforcement foam. I truly believe you might be able to reinforce this to a point it can stand well. Fire hazard is another story tho, but i can say i have a subwoofer box made of a composite lightweight material :p

P.D. please don't put inflammable things on your engine. Cardboard on a potentially inflammable environtment as is a throttle body (where oil and gasoline vapours can get in). I don't want to see a burnt K11.

I swear this isn't any kind of joke or whatever, i'm 100% serious;

My K11 subwoofer box is made out ofaround 4 rolls of kitchen paper, 1.5kg of glue, and some reinforcement foam. I truly believe you might be able to reinforce this to a point it can stand well. Fire hazard is another story tho, but i can say i have a subwoofer box made of a composite lightweight material :p

P.D. please don't put inflammable things on your engine. Cardboard on a potentially inflammable environtment as is a throttle body (where oil and gasoline vapours can get in). I don't want to see a burnt K11.

How does one make cardboard fire resistant? :0

It’s just when I googled ‘diy airboxes’ I saw some of them were left as cardboard so it got me thinking but maybe I should learn how to weld tbh

How does one make cardboard fire resistant? :0

It’s just when I googled ‘diy airboxes’ I saw some of them were left as cardboard so it got me thinking but maybe I should learn how to weld tbh
You might be able to use this cardboard model as a mold for another material like fiberglass. It's fairly cheap, but very toxic, so be sure you work on a ventilated environtment

Update:

GSX600R Throttle Bodies Conversion - Plenum Choice

Option 1
- ask my mechanic tomorrow to make me a steel/aluminium plenum chamber based on the Pipercross PX600 Air Box. If he can do it for a decent price, great. If not, then option 2.

Option 2 - just buy the bloody Pipercross PX600 Air Box! Can then get 4 holes cut out of the blank base plate to suit the GSX600R bodies. They offer two inlet sizes - 75mm or 100mm. Or....

pipercross_600_3.jpg

Last edited:
Update:

Okay so I am going down a slightly different airbox route.

Option 1 - ask my mechanic tomorrow to make me a steel/aluminium plenum chamber based on the Pipercross PX600 Air Box. If he can do it for a decent price, great. If not, then option 2.

Option 2 - just buy the bloody Pipercross PX600 Air Box! Can then get 4 holes cut out of the blank base plate to suit the GSX600R bodies. They offer two inlet sizes - 75mm or 100mm. Or....

Option 3 - buy this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable...re-Feed-Welding-Machine-240V-Kit/202348099378 and learn how to weld and then a DIY airbox based on the PX600. I always thought welding equipment would easily go into £500+ but this seems to have a lot of good reviews and a high number have sold as well.

View attachment 66162View attachment 66163
To be honest, learning to weld would be an excellent skill to have, especially as you will inevitably need to address corrosion issues at some point on your K11 if you keep it long enough. Only thing I will say, although that welder is a very attractive price, I wouldn't get a gasless MIG. They do fundamentally work, but they are messier to use, and the welds they produce are not as good visually or structurally as a gas MIG. Gas ones are not ridiculously expensive (mine was around £200) and you can rent a gas cylinder fairly cheaply.

Failing that, I'd say buy the airbox off the shelf. It looks like a fairly complicated shape to create by hand out of steel and the cost of doing so would probably be more.

To be honest, learning to weld would be an excellent skill to have, especially as you will inevitably need to address corrosion issues at some point on your K11 if you keep it long enough. Only thing I will say, although that welder is a very attractive price, I wouldn't get a gasless MIG. They do fundamentally work, but they are messier to use, and the welds they produce are not as good visually or structurally as a gas MIG. Gas ones are not ridiculously expensive (mine was around £200) and you can rent a gas cylinder fairly cheaply.

Failing that, I'd say buy the airbox off the shelf. It looks like a fairly complicated shape to create by hand out of steel and the cost of doing so would probably be more.

Thanks for the honest review of the welder - its looking more like I will buy the ready-made product.

Update:

I showed my mechanic this photo today and he instantly said he'll make me one up for dirt cheap, so job done. Now it's just a waiting game until I receive the 'cut n shut' inlet manifold and custom plenum from him. I've been told to wait until the 20th.

download.jpg

So I recently made an account on this even though I've been looking at the MSC for quite a few months now.

I bought my first car in June 2016 for £80, yes £80! Its a 2002 Micra 1.0 S at 60000 miles.

View attachment 54214

View attachment 54215

View attachment 54216

Lovely car!! Looks like my twin (almost). Mine is the "Activ" variant. (no idea what the difference between variants are to be honest).

At 80 quid a steal. I had mine given to me In January this year!! (2019) from a very kind friend, at the time it had only done 24897 miles. I have now passed my test, was having lessons in the Micra as well as professional lessons In a Hyundai. (Passed July 2019) and took the clock to 28582 miles (At the time of posting). Has all the optional extras colour coded mirrors and interior, A/C and reverse sensors and electric windows.

Fantastic car and drives perfectly. I am hoping to do a few little tweaks in the summer. and your list is a great guide for me to give me an idea on where to start and what to do.

I absolutely love the car.

Lovely car!! Looks like my twin (almost). Mine is the "Activ" variant. (no idea what the difference between variants are to be honest).

At 80 quid a steal. I had mine given to me In January this year!! (2019) from a very kind friend, at the time it had only done 24897 miles. I have now passed my test, was having lessons in the Micra as well as professional lessons In a Hyundai. (Passed July 2019) and took the clock to 28582 miles (At the time of posting). Has all the optional extras colour coded mirrors and interior, A/C and reverse sensors and electric windows.

Fantastic car and drives perfectly. I am hoping to do a few little tweaks in the summer. and your list is a great guide for me to give me an idea on where to start and what to do.

I absolutely love the car.

Lucky you the Activ has the cool optional extras and 25k is so low!

Its a bit of a hidden gem in the normal world as to how quick these cars can be with little money ESPECIALLY if you can do the labour work yourself.

Best of luck with the summer tweaks, hope to see a blog!

Lucky you the Activ has the cool optional extras and 25k is so low!

Its a bit of a hidden gem in the normal world as to how quick these cars can be with little money ESPECIALLY if you can do the labour work yourself.

Best of luck with the summer tweaks, hope to see a blog!

Wish I could do the work myself, I have no idea what I am doing, but I have a friend who is a very good and time served mechanic, who I will be asking for a lot of favours. I am not sure what exactly I will be doing yet as there are so many options and different opinions on what works/doesn't but I will be throwing a few pics on when I get chance.

I saw in your list that you changed out the original airbox, for the GA16, is this as simple as taking off the original and replacing it with the GA16 or am I oversimplifying and missing something?

Wish I could do the work myself, I have no idea what I am doing, but I have a friend who is a very good and time served mechanic, who I will be asking for a lot of favours. I am not sure what exactly I will be doing yet as there are so many options and different opinions on what works/doesn't but I will be throwing a few pics on when I get chance.

I saw in your list that you changed out the original airbox, for the GA16, is this as simple as taking off the original and replacing it with the GA16 or am I oversimplifying and missing something?

It is as simple as that. The original airbox is just held on by a couple of screws and a jubilee clip.

If you are looking for a GA16 airbox, I will most likely be selling mine once the bike throttle bodies go on...

It is as simple as that. The original airbox is just held on by a couple of screws and a jubilee clip.

If you are looking for a GA16 airbox, I will most likely be selling mine once the bike throttle bodies go on...
Brilliant, thanks, please bear me in mind. What sort of price? You can easily PM me with info. I am in Lancashire, not sure how far away you are. What sort of difference would the box alone make? I would be happy if it just gave the noise a boost lol.

Finally washed after several months...

5B36873F-835C-4E10-9D50-CDD2B114F71C.jpeg

D1DFE43F-0A09-4B5A-BC6C-28319EB0B615.jpeg

C728576E-F843-42DA-A24F-C9CC60EB7406.jpeg

Also in case people didn’t know (as I didn’t), you can actually get the more modern and smarter looking flat windscreen wiper design for a K11 Micra, as seen in final photo.

Update:

1. Hardrace Engine Mounts - these have been installed now; it feels a bit more like a thoroughbred racecar! Acceleration is quicker but this is due to the quicker shifts from first to second and also it launches MUCH more better now.

Benefits:
  • throttle feels much more direct
  • engine quickly gets into the next gear
  • downshifts are also quicker
  • gear changes are more fluid in general
  • clutch jerk at low speeds is eliminated
Downsides:
  • the damn thing is so loud now! - can't imagine cruising on the motorway at 3000rpm with this horrible drone going on and on...hopefully its just a case of getting used to it
  • vibrations are much more harsh but this is mostly just felt at idle, and it actually isn't too noticeable once the engine has warmed up
Overall, for me, the positive's outweigh the negative. The condition of the old engine mounts is probably the worst I have ever seen!

IMG-9479.JPG

IMG-9478.JPG
unnamed (2).jpg

Last edited:

frank

Club Member
typical 1.3/1.4 oil burning and crank journal wear, most of mine drank oil and had low oil pressure.
white smoke is probably just the weather conditions ?
and i could,nt live with engine vibration personally, i left the stock side mounts that carry the weight of the engine and then filled the gaps of the rear mount (that is the one that stops the engine assy from rotating/bucking when on and off the throttle)

should,ve turbo,d the 1.0 imo :)
same hp as a moderate n/a 1.4 build, and dirt cheap if you cut corners and you build not bought it

That is some true words, but I really wanted the extra torque of the 1.4 and the idea of an NA build appealed to me as a reliable powerful source of power.

This car will probably go to my older brother next year after I graduate and enter the world of work, and he probably will want to turbo it!

Nothing much has happened so far. Unfortunately, a bit of a delay on the throttle body conversion kit, have been told to wait another week.

Colour Coded Trim - In the meantime, I thought to rid the car of the old, faded grey trim, so I have colour coded it. Only done the rear so far, will get around to the front when the paint arrives, as one bottle was just about enough for the rear.

unnamed (3).jpg

Where do I start!

Unfortunately, I was a victim of a hit and run. This time, someone drove into the back of my car while I was waiting at a set of traffic lights, and then he drove off.

Managed to get the registration plate so have informed the police.

As for the damage, I actually thought it was a write off when it happened. But I think that must have been due to the shock felt, because when I actually saw the damage, I couldn't believe how minor it was.

I'm not going to bother replacing anything, just sprayed over it today and it covers it up pretty well. The boot now requires a good slam in order to be shut as the whole bumper has been pushed up and has a lengthy crack in it. Had a look behind the bumper and the reinforcement bar took a solid hit and has bent in and pushed into the area where the spare tyre goes.

Its such a coincidence how it happened literally a day after I resprayed the rear trim and ruined all my handiwork!

IMG-9586.JPG

IMG-9587.JPG

IMG-9594.JPG

IMG-9601.JPG

Last edited:
Where do I start!

Unfortunately, I was a victim of a hit and run. This time, someone drove into the back of my car while I was waiting at a set of traffic lights, and then he drove off.

Managed to get the registration plate so have informed the police.

As for the damage, I actually thought it was a write off when it happened. But I think that must have been due to the shock felt, because when I actually saw the damage, I couldn't believe how minor it was.

I'm not going to bother replacing anything, just sprayed over it today and it covers it up pretty well. The boot now requires a good slam in order to be shut as the whole bumper has been pushed up and has a lengthy crack in it. Had a look behind the bumper and the reinforcement bar took a solid hit and has bent in and pushed into the area where the spare tyre goes.

Its such a coincidence how it happened literally a day after I resprayed the rear trim and ruined all my handiwork!

View attachment 66358

View attachment 66359

View attachment 66361

View attachment 66363

That paint job looks great. As you know my Micra is same year and same colour. I had a bump at the front driver side bumper was scraped and gouged was a reverse error on my part scraped a wall.

My question is. what colour code did you use? I used BW3 G Tornado and the match was not as close as yours looks on the pics (Maybe I am not as talented with a spray can). Also now I have seen the bottom end of the bumper colour matched. I now know what I will be doing in the summer.

Thanks.

That paint job looks great. As you know my Micra is same year and same colour. I had a bump at the front driver side bumper was scraped and gouged was a reverse error on my part scraped a wall.

My question is. what colour code did you use? I used BW3 G Tornado and the match was not as close as yours looks on the pics (Maybe I am not as talented with a spray can). Also now I have seen the bottom end of the bumper colour matched. I now know what I will be doing in the summer.

Thanks.

Yes go BW3 2002 gang! Shame about your scrape :(

I went for spray and lacquer:

Spray on its own - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-400ml-Car-Paint-Aerosol-TORNADO-BW3/221131936169?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Spray and Lacquer - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matching-to-NISSAN-400ml-Colour-And-Clear-Aerosol-Spray-TORNADO-BW3/332389917036?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Normally, whenever I have bought paint matched stuff for other cars, the paint has never been too close of a match as you say, but the ebay link I have given above - these are some of the best paints I've seen, they match it so well!

And yeah thanks, the colour coded rear bumper looks smarter in my opinion as well - good luck with yours in the summer!

Yes go BW3 2002 gang! Shame about your scrape :(

I went for spray and lacquer:

Spray on its own - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-400ml-Car-Paint-Aerosol-TORNADO-BW3/221131936169?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Spray and Lacquer - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matching-to-NISSAN-400ml-Colour-And-Clear-Aerosol-Spray-TORNADO-BW3/332389917036?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Normally, whenever I have bought paint matched stuff for other cars, the paint has never been too close of a match as you say, but the ebay link I have given above - these are some of the best paints I've seen, they match it so well!

And yeah thanks, the colour coded rear bumper looks smarter in my opinion as well - good luck with yours in the summer!
That's the exact stuff I bought. Confirms it. I am **** at painting lol. Oh well maybe I can get someone to do it better now I have the paint. I will also need more of the lacquer but I think getting someone who can paint to do it is a better idea.

Thanks for the reply.

That's the exact stuff I bought. Confirms it. I am #### at painting lol. Oh well maybe I can get someone to do it better now I have the paint. I will also need more of the lacquer but I think getting someone who can paint to do it is a better idea.

Thanks for the reply.

Ah right, I’ve been spraying stuff for 3 years now and have only just got the hang of it lol!

I sprayed my interior 2 years ago and that was a terrible job. Every time my hand even touches the black, it peels off lol.

So I guess it’s just practice makes perfect...

Last edited:
Well its been a short while since anything too exciting happened. Few LITTLE things:

1. Toyo Proxes CF2 - I can confirm these are an excellent choice of tyre. The grip in the wet is so strong and they are amazing in the dry as well. No more wheel spinning in gear 2 (and 3 in the rain!). I have had new (budget) tyres before and can solidly confirm they were no where near as good as these Toyos. And for £60 a pair they aren't exactly much more expensive compared to getting new budget tyres.

IMG-9626.jpg

2. Painted Front End - Although the original plan was to colour code the front, I decided to go for black instead. I resprayed the corner bump strips in BW3 green and then the inside of the grills, and the grey bumper trim in gloss black. Makes the front of the car look new and fresh - you wouldn't believe it's a 17 (nearly 18) year old car!

IMG-9647.JPG

IMG-9652.JPG

IMG-9653.JPG

3. Sanded Rocker Cover Nissan Lettering - I love this mod, as its so simple and quick to do but the results are amazing! Could do with a clean though.

IMG-9712.jpg

4. Upgraded Horn - The old, and frankly tragic horn gave up and so got a truck air trumpet horn which wasn't compatible for boring reasons, so got an OEM-looking Bosch Fanfare horn. It may look OEM but it doesn't sound OEM at all! It sounds very similar to the truck horn. The original K11 horn plug fits straight onto the positive connector and a ground needs to be attached to the negative connector.

unnamed (1).jpg

22323232.jpg

5. Edge Subwoofer + Amplifier - Although this adds weight which I am not happy about, it sounds AMAZING! It has a built-in amplifier and enough bass to shake the ground.

IMG-9794.JPG
IMG-9796.JPG

6. ITB Conversion - My mechanic has been really busy and so not managed to make me the inlet manifold and airbox for the throttle bodies. As I want to do the bike throttle body conversion asap, I have ordered ready-made parts from eBay, DanstEngineering, Boggs Brothers and Demon Tweeks:
  • Boggs Brothers Micra Inlet Manifold for GSX600R Bike Bodies
  • Danst Sillicone Hose Fitting Kit (to secure the throttle bodies onto the inlet manifold)
  • Pipercross PX600 Airbox + Filter + 100mm Intake Pipe
  • Pipercross GSX600R Baseplate
  • Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
  • Micra K12 Injectors
Will upload photos of these as they arrive. Danst has a 10 working day lead time and will probably be the final arrival.
In the meantime, I have started to strip away all the unnecessary stuff from the bike bodies. Hopefully I haven't removed anything that I needed!

unname333d (1).jpg

7. ECU Remap - I called Tornado Systems today; what an absolute legend Mark is, so helpful! He's requested I send him as much info on the throttle body build including photos of inlet manifold, airbox etc, and then they can start to look into making an optimum map for me. The way it is going, they will be able to remap the ECU by post and provided I give all the right information, they will be able to do a pretty damn good job.

And yes I am that idiot that has reg plate bulbs so bright that you can't even make out the reg plate letters anymore!

IMG-9662.jpg

Last edited:
So after sending all the throttle body information to Mark, he mentioned that there isn't really a need to be using the bike injectors and that K12 injectors on the stock Micra fuel rail will easily be good enough for my purposes. He also has experience in mapping for K12 injectors and so will be able to make a better map for me, rather than trying to make a map for injectors he doesn't have any experience with. He mentioned using an Almera MAF as its larger but I need to get more information from him regarding this.

I have purchased some K12 injectors and have enquired with Boggs Brothers and they are making me an inlet manifold like this:

ed911595d40d0570f9a653293be360ea.jpg

This is one Boggs Brothers did in 2017 for a Micra K11 on Yamaha R6 bodies but the concept is the same for mine.

Mark also mentioned that with individual throttle bodies, I have the option of using much wilder cams. Currently, I only changed the inlet for a 250 deg 9mm cam, but now I am considering changing both inlet and exhaust for some bigger duration cams. The person I buy the cams off doesn't offer any more than 9mm lift. The only concern is losing mid-range torque so I will start a new thread to ask some advice.

Last edited:
Another little update:

1. 774 Cams - After the great advice given to me by LowRider, I have purchased a set of 774 Rally Cams. My current setup was a 250 degree 9mm inlet cam and a stock exhaust cam. But with the encouragement from Mark to go for wilder cams, I have chosen to replace both inlet and exhaust and go for the 774's. These are 272 degree and 9.09mm and 9.04mm lift for the inlet and exhaust respectively. The lift has hardly increased but there's a good 10% increase on the duration and plus the setup of having both cams changed rather than just one should hopefully give a good result. However, after Frank shared his wisdom, it seems I won't be gaining much power from these, which is a bit of a shame. But considering I will be fitting them in myself (so no labour costs) and I'll recoup 50% of my money back by selling my existing cams, makes me feel slightly better! To really figure out how much difference they will make, with the help of Frank and research, I now know what most of the numbers on the cam spec mean, so have requested detailed cam specs for my original 250deg 9mm cam, so that I can really compare the difference between the original cam and 774 cam.

774 Cam Specs:

• Timing Data Duration V/L V/C Cold F/L LATDC
  • Inlet Open 30 BTDC Close 62 ABDC 272 9.09mm 0.210mm 106 1.80mm
  • Exhaust Open 62 BBDC Close 30 ATDC 272 9.04mm 0.254mm 106 1.75mm
2. Throttle Body Strip Down - I have finally finished stripping the throttle bodies down of all the things I won't be using. Eagle-eyed viewers will also notice I now have 4 equal length trumpets rather than the stock which was 2 short and 2 long ;)

IMG-9834.JPG

IMG-9827.JPG

IMG-9828.JPG

IMG-9829.JPG

Unfortunately, there is a couple of bits I can't do:
  • 1st Issue - I can't get the fuel rail off as the screws are on too tight! But actually rethinking it, I actually want to keep the fuel rail and injectors on there because if I do ever want to get an Omex fitted, then I can run all 8 injectors (4x Micra ones and 4x bike ones).
  • 2nd Issue - I can't get this block on the side of the throttle bodies off. I have read up online it contains an electronic actuator whatever that is...
IMG-9833.JPG

3. Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator - This arrived in the post today. It looks quite cool and will look really good in the engine bay. I may or may not have bought this purely because of the fancy colours :wasntme

IMG-9835.JPG

4. Front Anti Roll Bar - This arrived a couple of days ago from Colin Lacey who is basically a second hand K11 factory! He's based in Milton Keynes and has solid prices for loads of K11 spares and quick delivery; you can find him on Facebook.

IMG-9818.jpg

My full focus currently is to get the throttle bodies setup done, DESPITE NUMEROUS SETBACKS AND DECISION CHANGES!
I sent a stock K11 inlet manifold to Boggs Brothers today and they should get me an inlet manifold made in time for Christmas.
I expect the 774 cams to arrive much sooner than Christmas as they are already in stock.

So the plan is:
  • Get the bike bodies fitted just after Christmas along with the remapped ECU.
  • Put the inlet cam in only and see how it is for a few days.
  • Put the exhaust cam in.
  • Fit the anti-roll bar and HardRace Drop-Link Kit.
  • Get a MIJ Exhaust System fitted, as many people on here have said Janspeed 4-2-1 gives good performance gain but I noticed no gain, so I believe its just because the rest of the system is still stock so that is where the restriction is.

Last edited: