Testing the water..

Hey everyone,

My Micra is currently off the road. Its got no MOT and is Sorn'd. Since driving my Vectra have realised I prefer larger cars, primarily due to practicality. I had planned to spend a fair amount converting the Super S to AWD SR20DET running gear from a Pulsar.

For the amount this would cost to finish properly I wouldn't be far off R33 GTR money, and would be halfway to R34 GTR money.. I have decided that if I can find a buyer I will sell it, if I can't find a buyer I will keep it and maybe turbo it at some stage, saving for a GTR will be my going concern however so the Micra would be on the back burner.

It seems a shame to keep the car garaged up, so I am hoping it finds a new owner that uses it properly, and I am unlikely to let it leave the confines of the MSC. I have previously been made several good offers on it but I want to ensure it is taken care of, as it is probably one of the tidiest (and oldest!) K11s out there.

A few specifics:
Model: 3 door Super S (1.3)
Year: 1993
Mileage: 90,000

Modifications and Bodywork:
Lowered by approx 60mm on Spax Springs
Adjustable Panhard rod
Lenso BSX 15x7 ET40 alloys with polished lip
Mid spoiler + wrap around spoiler
Scorpion tailpipe (standard back box)
Limo tint rear windows
Pipercross panel airfilter
Black headlight surround
Tinted rear lights
Pressed metal number plates
Heko wind deflectors
Front splitter
Toad Alarm and Immobiliser
D1 spec weighted gear knob
Original K11 floor mats
LED 1.5w sidelights and led numberplate lights
Bosch Plus 90 headlight bulbs
Fully colour coded aside from front splitter
Sunroof
NGK iridium spark plugs

Sorry if the list is a bit all over the place, I added things as they came into my head. The car has been run solely on V Power for entirety of my ownership, has been regularly serviced using Castrol Magnatech and Bosch filters. It has been regularly carnuaba waxed and detailed to keep the paint protected.

The only downsides are that the middle exhaust pipe is snapped in half so it sounds like a race car (I like the sound but it wouldn't pass an MOT that way), a new middle pipe can be sourced from Eurocarparts for next to nothing. There is also a small amount of lacquer peel on the polished rims in some places. This could be easily rectified by re-polishing and lacquering the rims.

Aside from that the car is in excellent condition both inside and out. It has a few minor stone chips on the nose as is to be expected from a twenty one year old car but considering it is original paintwork is probably one of the tidiest K11s out there.

I will miss it if it finds a new home, it gets loads of comments when i take it out, handles like a go kart and is nippy but economical to run, I am just not using it enough to justify keeping it however. Pictures can be found here:

http://micra.org.uk/threads/1993-nissan-micra-super-s-mikey-mk2.57016/

I am open to offers. To give an idea of what it would take for me to part with the car, I paid £1200 for it just over a year ago, and I do not believe the car has devalued (especially considering offers I have previously been made). The exhaust is an easy fix and if I get time I will do it myself.

The only thing not included in the sale is the OMP Corsica wheel, the car can be sold with genuine OMP boss kit however.

I am definitely not going to break for parts, its not worth the hassle and I would much rather the car stays in one piece.

Feel free to ask questions if I have forgotten anything. Serious enquires only as the car is in dry storage over an hour away from where I live.

Thanks,
Calum

Car has definitely not gone down in value especially for a Super S, I'll not say what I paid for mine but I will say it is not too far away :) and I have it a couple of months and is standard. Great to see you are not breaking it, I cannot believe how many I have seen lately that are being broken or considered...just my views on it, getting rare now :)
Hope it goes to a good Micra home, lovely motor.

Car has definitely not gone down in value especially for a Super S, I'll not say what I paid for mine but I will say it is not too far away :) and I have it a couple of months and is standard. Great to see you are not breaking it, I cannot believe how many I have seen lately that are being broken or considered...just my views on it, getting rare now :)
Hope it goes to a good Micra home, lovely motor.

Thanks :) I'm half hoping it doesn't sell as I love it to bits, but its such a shame to keep such a fine example locked up in a garage..

Provided they are properly cared for, I can see them becoming a real rarity, a bit like K10 super turbo's (well maybe not exactly the same, but still a rarity). The Micra turns heads wherever I go :)

Will that be with a fresh mot ? Or without ?

I can get the exhaust fixed and get an MOT, but considering I'm writing my Masters Thesis I wouldn't be free to do it until October.

I would consider knocking £200 off for the wheels from the best offer, as they would sell quickly by themselves. Provided the new owner bought their own wheels to go on the car.

Back