• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Temp issues???

Hi guys! It’s been a long time since my last post.

The thing is that I’ve swaped the engine of my micra for a CG13 and since then it has been a nightmare??‍♂️

The car everheat and I have no idea why.

The engine seem to be ok in the begining but now that is running looks like it has a gone H/G. ??

The engine just overheat in motorway when I push it I bit....if I go about 60mph runs ok, but if I take a hill....overheat...I usually turn on the heater and temp gauge goes to normal again.

If I run in the city with traffic,A/C etc...no problems....

Also, thermostat has been removed, water pump replaced, new cooling fluid...all brand new....

No signs of any oil in the rad or coolant tank though....but temp gauge goes to middle in less than 3min running.

The worst part is that next week I have to move home and I have to do about 600miles??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Any ideas about whats going on???

OP
OP
Micra80
Some pictures?

Attachments

• 95F1F4AE-1021-4FCB-907E-154C600A5A34.jpeg
    95F1F4AE-1021-4FCB-907E-154C600A5A34.jpeg
    810.1 KB · Views: 308
Have no way to check out where I am now??‍♂️ Any home made trick??
You can get some or all of these depending upon how bad.

Coolant leaking externally bellow exhaust manifold
White smoke from the exhaust pipe - generally most noticeable in my experience.
Overheating engine
Bubbles in radiator / overflow tank
White / milky oil
Loss of coolant with no visible leaks

OP
OP
Micra80
is it drinking coolant, or just overheating ?

It doesn’t drink any water at all....no leeks, no white smoke...nothing that indicates H/G thats why I’m confused??‍♂️

I’ve used a product to clean the cooling system and new coolant, the mix is a 50%.

If I open de rad cap and turn the engine on, it overflows but not bubbles, the overflow tank doesn’t get any more fluid....

It’s really confusing☹️

Power hasn’t been affected either....

Last edited:
Cooling systems won't always bubble if air locked, try bleeding it. Ignore, just re-read and you said you get heat through so unlikely to be air block.

You could have a blocked radiator core (since you said you changed thermostat). Check its temperature (carefully) after turning the engine off, along with the outlet pipe.

Did you check the outside of the radiator for blockages on both sides? Also see if air if actually passing through to engine side.

frank

Club Member
its not the head gasket then, half gauge within 3 mins sounds too quick to me, i would try another sender and gauge

OP
OP
Micra80
Cooling systems won't always bubble if air locked, try bleeding it. Ignore, just re-read and you said you get heat through so unlikely to be air block.

You could have a blocked radiator core (since you said you changed thermostat). Check its temperature (carefully) after turning the engine off, along with the outlet pipe.

Did you check the outside of the radiator for blockages on both sides? Also see if air if actually passing through to engine side.
I checked the radiator and water runs more than ok....any way, I did clean the whole system 2 times already.

if the rad cap is not in a good condition may cos overpreasure in the system and overheat, right!?????

I checked the radiator and water runs more than ok....any way, I did clean the whole system 2 times already.

if the rad cap is not in a good condition may cos overpreasure in the system and overheat, right!?????

Externally too? If the outside is clogged up with crap blocking the airflow then your heat transfer drops quite a bit.

I wouldn't think the rad cap by itself would cause an overheat, instead it'd be more of a contributing factor.

OP
OP
Micra80
Externally too? If the outside is clogged up with crap blocking the airflow then your heat transfer drops quite a bit.

I wouldn't think the rad cap by itself would cause an overheat, instead it'd be more of a contributing factor.
You are right! It made a diference but didn’t fix the problem, it helps to keep it cooler on the hills but still overheat if I pass 60mph, if not, is stable....I think that H/G is blown but not alot.
I’m afraid I’m gonna have to travel like this and just keep an eye on the temp gauge and my right foot??‍♂️

After that, I’ll open it and see whats going on....
I already have new head gasket, screws and all I need in my destination