Tech and Gadgets

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Who here is interested in tech and gadgets?

I'm into all sorts of tech and gadgets, mostly my phone currently.

I own a Galaxy S II, rooted and running CyanogenMod 9.
I also run Arch Linux as my daily driver on my main PC.

I had my HTC Desire running Cyanogenmod for a while but the wussed it and found a standard O2 image for it. I keep trying Linux every couple of years to see if it's got any easier but no, it never does. Recompile the kernel to apply an update or two?! No thanks :p.

I keep trying Linux every couple of years to see if it's got any easier but no, it never does. Recompile the kernel to apply an update or two?! No thanks :p.
Haha, I'm exactly the same as this. I quite like having complete freedom over my PC, but after a while I find that to many programs don't work well with wine and as a PC gamer this doesn't go down well. When Steam is released for it I'll defo be having another crack at it though.

I have an iPhone 4 and as an IT technician, that doesn't go down very well with my colleagues :p

Haha, I'm exactly the same as this. I quite like having complete freedom over my PC, but after a while I find that to many programs don't work well with wine and as a PC gamer this doesn't go down well. When Steam is released for it I'll defo be having another crack at it though.

I have an iPhone 4 and as an IT technician, that doesn't go down very well with my colleagues :p

Steam for Linux? I've been waiting for nearing 6 years. There's was some rumours back in 2009 I think, maybe 2010. But I've no time for games now, though I still rock Diablo 2 every now and again!

But I've run Arch daily and updated daily since April 2011 with no real dramas at all. In fact, very little is needed from me in terms of fixing breakages. It's pretty clever now, though I do love me a bit of CLI.

Steam for Linux? I've been waiting for nearing 6 years. There's was some rumours back in 2009 I think, maybe 2010. But I've no time for games now, though I still rock Diablo 2 every now and again!

But I've run Arch daily and updated daily since April 2011 with no real dramas at all. In fact, very little is needed from me in terms of fixing breakages. It's pretty clever now, though I do love me a bit of CLI.
Yup! They announced a couple of months ago they were working on it, and that it'll be released at some point this year. Hopefully if it takes off more developers will follow and actually start developing for Linux.

Back