Tan Hill, Sometime?

That place gets stupidly busy and the car clubs book it up yonks in advance. Would be simple enough to meet up there tho. Make sure you don't crash with a rival club or something. I know the mini club go up and there's a big biker thing going on. 2cvgb have already had ours this year...

3182368341_3553150576.jpg

3183207984_78f7a1bab7.jpg

3220833631_a1f6e20597.jpg

More at www.flickr.com/photos/squareoftheyear

It's usually ok, iv been up a few times on a bike and there's only a handful of people there, it is a bit out of the way :p even if it was too busy to get parked it would be a really good drive if we were all together :D

Good good, glad to know there are at least a few interested people. It does get busy now and then, but we might strike it lucky, and like spudders says, it's a good drive! See how many more are interested and hopefully we can sort some kind of plan out!

Spoon

We just do it for the stupidly steep hill coming from the south. It's a 1st gear job in a 2cv and in snow it can be soooo much fun. Can be a killer as it's something like 60miles from Leeds.

I've never come from the south, I come from Reeth. Still, it's really twisty and has its fair share of steep bits. There's also a humpback bridge that'll put you airborne at much more than 20, it's mental.

@Pete; do you have a micra as well as the 2CV?

Spoon

Haven't had a micra for years! My main car is a CX not a CV (thats mums run around) and a yammy FZ6.

Yep I'd be up for it. Rode up to Tann hill on a bike ride I did way back in 2007. Would love to visit, really nice place and staff are extremely friendly and so are the locals.

So when are we looking at time scale, i appreciate weve only just had a meet and most people are short on money (credit crunch this recession that :p) but i missed the last meet so asap please lol :p

If I'm in the area I wouldn't mind paying a visit :) (I'm considering a trip to visit a few friends around that time and might be able to tie this in)

BG

OK, so so thats potentially 5 including me.

if the 25/4 is better for eltaylor001 then it's better for me,
how about everyone else? Then we can set it in stone, and start a list of people who're coming!

Hello everyone! Sorry for me not updating you, I've had a lot of random family ups and downs.

I'd like to keep on top of organising this, but I have a lot of stuff on! I can probably make it any Sat/Sun, but I'd really appreciate it if someone can take over the reigns of finalising a date and time, because I cant get on the forum much at the moment.

I'll still try make the effort to come along though!

Spoon

Back