Taking dents out the car

Well i've tried looking for new parts but can't find them so I might try a bit of DIY. Somebody hit my car when it was parked outside mine and they've dented the bumper and drivers wing. Now the bumper is like one bubble which has dented in but the wing is a bit rippled. Is there a possibility I could take the bumper off and kick the dent out and same for the wing?

someone did this to me too.

Problem with dents is that the Plastic on the bumper stretches when it is hit. So it can't just be popped back into place. Mine still looks a bit deformed but I have since bought a new one off ebay. (cost around £15 delivered)

The wing had just a small dent in it, to fix this I drilled a hole it in and then screwed a screw in and pulled it and the dent popped out, Then I filled and smoothed.

I was thinking try using a plunger or something to suck it out. If not and I do decide to remove the bumper is there a chance I could set the air bag off or anything? sounds stupid but that would be really annoying.

you can take the bumper off, turn it over and fill it with boiling water (where the dent is) then it will push out easier :)

I've just popped out a Suziki Jimney rear bumber using boiling water and a tennis ball, our nieghbour backed into her oil storage tank, thankfully nothing more than a dint in the plastic bumper. The tennis ball idea means you shouldn't get creases or marks from using solid objects, but does depend on the style of dint, creases may still show, and paint may crack depending on age, thankfully the Jimney bumber was pre coloured, and now looks as good as, apart from the scuff marks. Just be gentle, and don't rush it :)

The bumper is just heald on by screws under neath right?

I've noticed like some foam filler ####e behind the bumper in the corners. Is that normal? Not sure if it's expanding foam or some spongey #### :|

You can sometimes avoid having to remove bumper by warming up the offending area with a heat gun (carefully!) & getting your hand behind when it's nice & warm & press it out.We use a paraffin space heater for this on big dents but heat gun will do.
If you can't get your hand behind a little dodge you can get away with on Micras is to drill a small hole inside the moulding groove/black bit if colour keyed,warm the damage & pull it out with a hook.You can then fill the hole & touch it in with a brush.
The bumper comes off easy & no need to worry about airbags,2 nuts either ide of number plate & 4 screws joining to the wheelarch liners.
The foam you see is a beam of expanded foam so you should bounce off other cars in a collision.

the bumper wont un screw for jack. Don't know whats going on there i've tried wd40'ing the screws as well and no luck.

ahh dont worry guys got it going thanks to jim bling i used the socket set

Interesting but doesn't look like it will work for the bumper mind :( I will take the bumper off today and try the boiling water thing.

Back