Tail trim v Silencer box

S

seleas

Hello everybody, my first post here :)

I'm in the process of learning to drive, and I have a K10 MA10. I don't particularly want to do anything special to it, like i've seen some people do here. I just want to change the exhaust for the moment, but my budget is low. I have no specific amount, just not too expensive!

I don't want anything too loud, I don't want to be heard from a mile away - just something different. I'm a n00b at everything to do with cars, but should I just get a tail pipe, or the silencer box? I don't want to go the whole hog and get the manifolds changed. I'd also like to do it myself.

If I just get a tail pipe, will it change the sound as well - or just the look?

Anything else I should know before buying anything?

Cheers! :)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Getting a off the shelf back box might be a little tricky, you'd need to go to a custom exhaust place to get one fitted. This could be pricey

With regards to tail pipes, it would only look good if you cut off the existing pipe from the silencer and weld it on in its place. Most of the cheap ebay / halfrauds ones you buy, you bolt onto the original pipe - and do nothing to the sound, and they look terrible.

K

K11_Dave

RE: RE: Tail trim v Silencer box

Arnold said:
With regards to tail pipes, it would only look good if you cut off the existing pipe from the silencer and weld it on in its place. Most of the cheap ebay / halfrauds ones you buy, you bolt onto the original pipe - and do nothing to the sound, and they look terrible.

I'll second that. plus they rust

OP
OP
S

seleas

So because of the budget, it's best to do nothing? How much would it cost roughly to have the new silencer box fit?

Thanks for the help :)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Im guessing quite a bit, i havent had mine done so im not too sure, but the backbox on the k10 is a very awkward part of the car. Id personally leave it unless you were buying a full system.

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
dunno if any of u get the car mags but theres is an exhaust beein made for the new focus which apprently hs a shotrer box than most due to the short valance of the new fords might be worth a try