Tail light problem.

Dear all, I have a 2003 Micra K12 1.2S. I recently found that my passenger side tail light is not working properly. I checked the bulbs. They are definitely fine. Especially for my indicator. Sometimes it works and sometimes it is just completely off for some reason. I am not sure anyone came across this before. What should I do? How do I fix it?

Could it be corrosion in the connector between the tail light assembly and the harness? maybe seperate the two and check? In the past I have found that rubbing down any corrosion using emery paper and then putting a little copper slip on the contacts has stopped the problem.

Slam

Some of the lights on the K12 are very prone to corrosion. I recently has to replace my rear number plate light in the bumper because the pins had actually corroded off. Hint: Go out now and remove the light and apply loads of WD40 to the socket bit :).

Some of the lights on the K12 are very prone to corrosion. I recently has to replace my rear number plate light in the bumper because the pins had actually corroded off. Hint: Go out now and remove the light and apply loads of WD40 to the socket bit :).
beat me to saying it Guy did that with my socket as well

Back