Tail light problem.

Dear all, I have a 2003 Micra K12 1.2S. I recently found that my passenger side tail light is not working properly. I checked the bulbs. They are definitely fine. Especially for my indicator. Sometimes it works and sometimes it is just completely off for some reason. I am not sure anyone came across this before. What should I do? How do I fix it?

Could it be corrosion in the connector between the tail light assembly and the harness? maybe seperate the two and check? In the past I have found that rubbing down any corrosion using emery paper and then putting a little copper slip on the contacts has stopped the problem.

Slam

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Some of the lights on the K12 are very prone to corrosion. I recently has to replace my rear number plate light in the bumper because the pins had actually corroded off. Hint: Go out now and remove the light and apply loads of WD40 to the socket bit :).

Some of the lights on the K12 are very prone to corrosion. I recently has to replace my rear number plate light in the bumper because the pins had actually corroded off. Hint: Go out now and remove the light and apply loads of WD40 to the socket bit :).
beat me to saying it Guy did that with my socket as well