tacho

wheres the easiest place to wire a rev counter..my f/l micra doesnt have one but i have an aftermarket one is it easier to wire off the dizzy? if so which wire :p the tacho has 3 wires live and ground i had it on my k10 but i got the feed off my coil pack

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Best to follow it into the cabin though (passenger side footwell behind the kick panel thats attached to the center console), so you dont have extra wires running all over the place. It passes through a resistor (looks like a grey rectangle thats taped into the loom - think its a green/black wire at that point) on its way to the ecu.

Best to follow it into the cabin though (passenger side footwell behind the kick panel thats attached to the center console), so you dont have extra wires running all over the place. It passes through a resistor (looks like a grey rectangle thats taped into the loom - think its a green/black wire at that point) on its way to the ecu.

Is this to connected a rev counter too instead of the blue cable under the bonnet then?
You able to wack a picture in to show this cable as I need to wire mine in soon?
Thanks

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Its still the blue wire, it just changes colours a couple of times on it way to and from the ecu. :)

Also its where i patched in to take the rpms for my emanage blue...i think the wire ive mentioned is on its way to the ecu and then theres another leaving the ecu for the original dash cluster. But i'd advise checking a wiring diagram if you want to make 100% certain (patching into the signal going to or from the ecu i doubt makes little difference though).

Actually worth noting mine is a 95...so cant say how the dizzyless ones are wired to tacho (as of now never looked), but might be the same kinda deal.