T25 turbo queries

micras69

Deactivated Account
wondering if anyone can help? kris/solarace and i popped to a mates garage yarda yarda yarda and got into a debate of turbos and he claims that a t25 is far too big for a micra? he said that the t25 would spool to late and would come on boost about 4000rpm and then would be time for change. he then went on to say that the R5 turbo would be better as the turbo would spool up almost instantly??? :glare:

can anyone confirm that the T25 is right for the micra and that i havnt wasted time and money and also can someone tell me at what RPM i should expect the turbo to come on boost.

cheers, martin

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
All T25's are different, one from a 200SX is different to one from a Saab that's different to one from an Almera etc etc etc etc.

About 3k rpm you'll be on boost with that turbo, based on the compressor map. Don't listen to what people say about spool times when they just mention families of turbos, and unless they have the compressor and turbine map.

There's about 7 current model GT25s by garrett, and every one boosts differently, what turbo to use can not be properly discussed without appropriate maps.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Just to say thats his mate and not me who thought the T25 wouldnt suit ;) as i seemed to remember a 2.5k rpm spool point, though cant remeber where ive seen it.

OP
OP
micras69

micras69

Deactivated Account
Just to say thats his mate and not me who thought the T25 wouldnt suit ;) as i seemed to remember a 2.5k rpm spool point, though cant remeber where ive seen it.

sorry should of said it wasnt you :p come to think of it he was a bit of a **** to you too trying to catch you out on ur setup. i dont speek to him much because if its not a scooby doo or a pug he pics falts with evreythink and i think he was jellouse of ur car kris, im sorry for takeing you to his garge bud i feel like a right T*aT :down:

solarice

Ex. Club Member
lol dont worry about it man...i think he was mainly wondering how everything could have fit and trying to get his head around it. Which is fair enough, some of his thoughts on the setup were valid and were things id already noticed and accepted when i was getting parts made up, so it wasnt like i'd been caught out or not noticed :D