• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Swiper's Blog.

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
agree with you, regarding suction pads! im tempted to have ago again tinting mine! ran out of film just when i was getting hang of it lol!

the green and black go well, and thats my colour theme anyway....humm....just.......the rear......i thought it may look silly just having sides tinted, but yours look mint! (Y)

OP
OP
Swiper

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
another update;
check out the pics and let me know what u think ;)

21032008063.jpg

21032008061.jpg

i've not got any pics of them working yet, but they are awsome :) and i've only tried them at dusk, not fully dark.

OP
OP
Swiper

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
here's a few pics of the dfference with hids'.
(it's a shame the k11 switches off the dipped beam when switching to full beam)

hid dipped beam

22032008371.jpg

full beam (with driving lamps)

22032008372.jpg

hid dipped beam at dusk

21032008070.jpg

full beam at dusk (with driving lamps again)

21032008071.jpg

man, i've got to modify the wiring so the dipped beam stays on with full!!!
(btw, the lights are angled down more than usual due to the rear being stripped out temporarily)

OP
OP
Swiper

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
cheers, i love em, complete bargain for £45 to my door! piece of wee to fit aswell, just plug and play :). the hardest part was mounting the ballasts, but i wanted them behind the bumper out of sight of mr mot tester ;)

OP
OP
Swiper

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
The main beam should be HID as well? Are they H4 fitment?

i went for the ones with a halogen main beam because the hid's don't go full brightness straight away, they need to warm up, so i thought they'd be better with the halogen main. yes they are h4 fitment.

here's a few pics of the led rear lights i've fitted today :)

after2.jpg

after1.jpg

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
ur keepin all your plans sly mate lol! didnt know u where getting the led's!!! they looks lush! all wired up ? you got a red led fog light?

OP
OP
Swiper

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
ur keepin all your plans sly mate lol! didnt know u where getting the led's!!! they looks lush! all wired up ? you got a red led fog light?

that's what i like to do, and supprise u all.
i got them off ebay for £70 and collected them. the lad (not sure if he's a member, and didn't ask as he's getting rid of his micra) had them on a prefacelift, he'd put a red bulb in for fog light, but i think he painted the original bulb, it's not an led. i removed all the pins from the connectors and started again with wiring so it matched my facelift wiring. all done and works fine :D.

You dont need projector lights for HID's. I have H4 twin filament on my Almera and the main beam is really bright from the off. I think the heat from the dip beam warms the main beam filament so it doesn't lose and brightness.

Ivan

OP
OP
Swiper

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
You dont need projector lights for HID's. I have H4 twin filament on my Almera and the main beam is really bright from the off. I think the heat from the dip beam warms the main beam filament so it doesn't lose and brightness.

Ivan

ok, i'll look into different bulbs then i think :).

So >these< Would be ok? And do full beam as well as dipped? :) And pass an MOT..?

thanks for the link, they sell the just the bulbs aswell. they'd be fine for u. full and dipped.
but to pass an mot, i'm sure you need h/lamp washers and an auto self leveling system. i hid my ballasts down in the bumper away from the mot testers view, and hoping that they'll pass. if they fail though, it's just a case of swapping the original h4 bulb back and plugging the connector back on the bulb. it's all plug and play installation.

OP
OP
Swiper

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I miss this car. I want another but I've just looked back at all the things I bought to make me love it

the flocked dash looks amazing I looked into having it done at a place near me but it was going to cost too much... loooks really nice tho