Swine Flu

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
humph so i have swine flu and 'm feeling pretty grotty,

has anybody else had it?

just so i know i'm not the only one lol

nope...because i walk around in summer with a scalf and coat with a hoody underneath :p (altough that probs wont stop me getting it lol)

just drinnk loads of fluids and chill and wait for it to blow over ;)

the media make it out much worse than it actually is...

How do you know it's Swine flu, and not regular Flu? I'm feeling pretty grotty too, but i know it's not flu as i'm not struggling to get out of bed!

sactly arnold, people confuse flu with colds imo. I've had fly before, couldnt get out of bed for more then a week. Then you tell people you've had flu and they go "ive had a sore throat all week and you dont hear me complaining". NOT the same thing!

*flu before

i think i need permission to edit my posts :D

well i have all the syptoms and when i got up to throw up i passed out lol

its a real pain, though i dont get how this bug killed so many people in mexico and stuff...

Even if it is bad, please no swearing. Thank you

sactly arnold, people confuse flu with colds imo. I've had fly before, couldnt get out of bed for more then a week. Then you tell people you've had flu and they go "ive had a sore throat all week and you dont hear me complaining". NOT the same thing!

I know mate, I had flu over new years! In bed for a week also and missed all my planned new years celebrations. So much worse than just a cold but totally agree, people just think they've got it all the time. Media hype doesn't really help.

I have bought tamiful medication as a precaution in case I catch it or someone in our family does.... have you tamiflu access mate there in the uk?

I think I had it not sure, might of been normal flu. I was showing most of the symptoms, I was stupidly tired, having headaches had a fever and a cough also had stomach pains and a sore throat.

Didn't go to see the docs just avoided going anywhere too public and carried on with normal life, even though I was only awake 12 hours a day lol.

I always figure if your ill keep on working and you will get over it quicker, rest seems to do little good for stuff like this.

^^ Omg that is too true ^^ seriously coming from someone who works for the NHS on reception, i am getting sick of hearing people saying "i got swine flu"...if you had swine flu you wouldnt be walking around like everythings ok, chatting on your phone as you walk into reception, then suddenly you are dieing as you get to me!...

But on a serious note, if you do think you got it (and this applies to anyone) just give your surgery a quick call, and ask for a triage. The Dr will call yah back, and they will give you the best advice/ supply you with Tamiflu. Only do this if you have had a temperature of over 38* for 2 days. Most doctors surgery wont see you untill this is the case (its what we have been told by the goverment).

Hope you get better soon buddy!

This is the major point i keep making to friends & family (and patients who tick me off)...sesonal flu kills 1000's of people every year...but yet, everyone forgets this. Seriously the sooner this is over and done with the better...

BRING ON THE NEXT ANIMAL FLU!!.. i wonna see how many i can survive in my lifetime! :D

im sure i had this awhile ago, was stuck in bed for over a week. i was always too hot or freezing cold, numb arms and legs, a fever, coughing lots, sick sometimes, sore throat and stomach, dizzy when standing up and exhausted. got over it and then the girlfriend got it :p

I've got a cold/flu at the moment. REALLY bad runs. temperature up and down. Feeling real ####ty. blocked nose/sore throat and headaches.

Honestly this just makes me laugh. Last I heard 31 people so far this year have died in the UK from swine flu. WOW 31 people, something like 10,000 people die from normal flu each year in the UK.
Just because it's from an animal we're all supposed to be really scared.
Although i can understand why, I mean look at how many millions died from bird flu......

Yeah and what with the bovine TB scare a few years back we're running out of animals.
Soon it'll be elephant chlamydia or something

I'm pretty sure ive got swine flu or something similar! Light headed, disorientated, aches, too hot and too cold at the same time! No energy at all!

Its a huge effort of willpower just to move from the chair! :(
Ok I know i won't die, but any flu is rather unpleasant!

i have it, its not nice atall you should feel more than grotty i cant get out of bed unless im being sick, its not pleasant. one way to tell is swine flu causes higher tempurature than regular flu (apparently) either way its not nice but not much different to regular flu, waiting for my tami flu :(

From what i've heard from my Aunt (who's a nurse) your better off dealing with the symptoms of swine flu then the side effects of Tami flu!

Back