Swift gti engine conversion

Has anyone ever fitted a Suzuki Swift gti engine in a Micra k11, I'm interested in how much modifation is needed to make it fit correctly and whether you can still use the Micra gearbox.

Not to put a dampener on things but I don't see the point, a G13B is like 100hp the same can be achieved with the micra cg13de or cga3de with extractors, injectors, ga15 or ga16de throttle body and ecu tune, cams or ITBs would take it further. The G13B is a tuned engine the CG13DE etc have been detuned by Nissan so they respond well to even simple upgrades.

If you want to do an engine conversion into your micra ga16de or sr20s have both been done there's a Subaru engine going in another and one sporting a Volvo turbo lump. Our turbo the micra engine.

To answer the question you asked the guys putting G13s in minis generally take out the inner arches whereas with the CG13DE it's tight but the arches can stay, so I think it might be a bit wider, I can't see depth being an issue.

Last edited:
The engine will be going into a rally car so can't be any bigger than 1400cc for the class, the reason behide fitting the Gti engine is it is capable of achieving more bhp when rebuilt and put on throttle bodies than a Micra engine could.

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
A good Micra engine with ITBs etc can make 160bhp. Even with a standard TB ours makes nearly 130... What does a swift make? If you want real big power then you need an expensive Vauxhall lump.

BTW i doubt the micra box will mate up to the swift engine without an adaptor plate.

frank

Club Member
the cg will never make the same power as the swift or vauxhall, because of the bore to stroke ratio, and no the bellhousing bolt pattern is very different