SW meets needed

M

MagicJoel

How about getting a SW meet going? Maybe in Exeter, Plymouth or Newquay.

South West Micra owners rise!

I dont think there are many members around that area. They are certaintly split over very wide distances if there are.

hey i'll join you :) South west micras for ever!!! but it would be kinda lame without more people,

Attachments

• media.jpg
    media.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 264
unfortunatly there are only 2 or 3 of u and not much point in running one i have tried and not succeded this is y i have moved it over to south west but not to far so south west can come if they want

I think we should have a meet right in the middle like Bournmouth or south Hampton,

unfortunatly i ran 2 meets one in guildford one in andover and people said they would come and didnt i lost money on it also i planned on in southampton and it didnt happen as no interest to far for people the meets are southern meets and all are welcome i know its a long way to drive for sum but where ever u organise the event some people will have a way to drive

Hmmm it's just a shame that it's the guy's from the West who have to do the long distances...

how much did you loose out by? maybe we could pay a deposit to make up the difference....

not sure it would be worth running an event for 3 or 4 people no harm in u looking into ur own mini event though

stop whinging about travelling..

the NE meeets are very popular. and we have people travelling all sorts of distances!!

for instance titch travelled 4 hours, to come to a meet! 4 hours.
i could make it to one of your meets from here in that time!!!

maybe if you were to advertise it a fair few weeks in advance. and have a calander of votes as to which dates would be best for people!!
then from that choose which date would be best for everyone.
and for those who say they will turn out to whatever event is planned. to pay deposit or at least admission fee (the price of say the game of bowling) that way noone looses out except the person that doesnt turn up.
IMO they loose out not turning up. without loosing out on money and making others pay there way!!]]

plenty of options!!

Attachments

• undercar0003.jpg
    undercar0003.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 243
RE: RE: SW meets needed

katk11 said:
Anyone going to castle combe JAP fest this year?

I'm going, but not in the Micra.

Website is here.

I'd be up for a southwest meet, once I've passed my test :blush: . There's a performance Jap car meet at Exeter every month (Skylines, Supras etc), but it would be cool to have a Micra specific one. :)

Its on the 21st of may, its a tenner each to get in but it well worth it if you make a whole day of it. I went last year and it was a excellent turnout, great to see all the clubs racing on the track. It was a great drive down aswell you end up following some really impressive cars on the way.

Japfest tickets are £9 in advance in you buy online, or £12 on the gate. I'll be with the Ultimatejapcars.co.uk stand, if anyone wants to pop by & say hi!

RE: RE: SW meets needed

Curdy said:
are you going to take the micra? I'll be there with Nice-Cuppa-Tea.co.uk and my micra/tea kitchen

No, I will be chauffered in style with Skyline power. :grinning:

Got my driving test 2 days before though, so might insist on bringing the Micra if I pass. :devil:

I'll probably roll on down. not out of my way and i'll obviously be micra-ing it there :)

Attachments

• muppet.JPG
    muppet.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 273
Im bringing mine, good luck with the driving test rallybunny! im taking my test on the 13th. Ill stop by and say hi.

Well, guys i think we should put our heads together on this one and get a date sorted for a SW meet or even Southern. I've been on MSC for about 2-3months now and haven't met anyone. I'm based in Bristol so can make it to anywhere along the M4 or M5. Just give me loads of notice on the dates coz i work wierd shifts. Places along the south coast would be good fun, but its a bit ****y getting there coz of all the stupid slow drivers on nice A roads.

I think its about time we southerners showed the northerners what a real meet is all about!

I tell you, a complete south meet would be cool, eg SW+S+SE, that would show them!

Would need to be somewhere near the middle of the South like somewhere between Portsmouth and Weymouth I reckon. With the right planning we could have... *checks member map* 30+ people attending!

well i have offered an event before at burning bornemouth which is a large modified car show on a sunday evening i have tried a number of times to organise a whole southern event and had no luck as the ones in the south east dont want to travel there its a pain most of the southern members are in the south east so the ones in the south west miss out

Sunday evenings arent good tho as people have work monday mornings!

I quite fancy a bit of go karting, i know theres an outdoor circuit on the south coast near portsmouth somewhere.. nothing quite like a bit of friendly competitiveness within the msc ;)

ok well yes i know of an indoor one in portsmouth otherwise il have to look into it but please post in the poll saying about the southern meet as i need to guage how many were looking at

yea ppl i need my meet fix :)

it would be nice to be alittle closer to me, brighton was such a mission,

im in exmouth il come, you might have seen me about - red micra twin pipes (ring any bells)

sorry i only read page one then replied oops. im up for a meet in pompy need a couple of weeks notice though

im trying all i need is around 10 people but we could do it with less here is the web site address for you to all have a look and we can the decide what type of race we want and dates and who wants to atted http://www.gokartingforfun.co.uk/
i think the best would be 10 people or more and the open event which makes it 32 pound including insrance for the event so who is up for this and what days/dates whould be good for you all so i can get onto them to find out

november 12th or some time around then, plenty of planin time and savin if ya skint do you know of any b&bs local ?

cool i would wanna stay over probably, have a day out with the club then a couple of beers in the night

Wisteria House
14 Mays Lane, Stubbington, Fareham Hampshire PO14 2EP England .

Bembridge House
Bembridge House, 32 Osborn Road, Fareham Hampshire PO16 7DS England .

Solent View
Solent View 361 Warsash Road, Titchfield Common, Fareham Hampshire PO14 4LL United Kingdom .

Lysses House Hotel
51 High Street, Fareham Hampshire PO16 7BQ England .

Solent Hotel and Spa
Rookery Avenue, Whiteley, Fareham Hampshire PO15 7AJ England .

Red Lion Hotel
East Street, Fareham Hampshire PO16 0BP England .

Posbrook Gardens
Posbrook Gardens Bed and Break, Off Triangle Lane, Meon, Titch, Fareham Hampshire PO14 4HD England .

this is the main ones

Back