• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Suzuki Wagon R+ "No I don't have a cat" / "No I haven't got one for the other foot!"

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I sold the Micra a couple of weeks ago, so to fill the gap on my drive I bought a small red car.

This one has to be sensible. This I have interpreted as, being able to get over speedbumps with passengers on board, for the children to be able to get in and out (harnesses and two doorness of the Micra hampered that) and for it to be newer and require less fixinging.

I was also supposed to be getting something boring so I spent less time interwebbing about it. It hasn't succeeded so far!

Somehow - with assistance from the Mrs it was decided that a Wagon R+ would fit the bill. Handily I had some wheels in 4x100 in stock. And some that could be with a little effort.

Fwka0pk.jpg

n2Xch6I.jpg

FesGgwU.jpg

WusQScc.jpg

HFQzFfE.jpg

wiGw2xY.jpg

G1fBgSV.jpg

zhmcL4m.jpg

Bolt on arches are orded, camber might happen, and coilover sleeves have just been won on eBay. It's all coming together.

Hello Mark. Just bought a Suzuki wagon as well, and a Vauxhall Agila. Same thing really.
Tell you what, pretty impressive little vehicles, I'm giving the Agila to my grandson and partner (young family)
Only thing with the Suzuki (automatic) it doesn't half drink fuel, only get 30 mpg out of it. bit of a shock after the Micra 1.3 auto, which sips fuel.
Never mind, the missus likes it, and I pay for the petrol DOH!!!
Anyway, I'll keep an eye on what you're doing, but - at nearly 65 now - I'll keep mine standard....LOL

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I made some coilovers for the front at the weekend.

NP7PQS3.jpg

9l1qNHn.jpg

This has enabled me to bring the front down nicely, with enough adjustment to go right back up to stock, or an inch and a half lower (or until I run out of compression in the shock :) ) I took a couple of coils off the stock spring before re-assembely to stiffen it up a little. I've got a bit of 70's rake now until the rear comes down a little. Needs side pipes/exits and a brake light on the axle now!

L7vXEKV.jpg

hGTcRUG.jpg

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I gave the arches some attention this afternoon, the rears have been beaten so that they rolled back under to increase the radius of the arch. It didn't have to be pretty!

G9b0eq4.jpg

You can see here where the line of the arch would have been from the uncut bumper.

u9gfl00.jpg

It now drives with only the meerest hint of a scrub from the front when cornering breaking hard.

So one that was achieved it was obviously time to do some pictures!

1IQ82Fa.jpg

2BU2eS6.jpg

ir2oBXH.jpg

NSYi8Ch.jpg

hq3z2N6.jpg

NnTSiLS.jpg

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Rather sooner than expected I'm drawing this thread to a close. On Sunday morning I had a conversation with the chap who bought the Micra, and he's going to buy this too! Good bye small Suzuki, it was fun while it lasted.

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Rather sooner than expected I'm drawing this thread to a close. On Sunday morning I had a conversation with the chap who bought the Micra, and he's going to buy this too! Good bye small Suzuki, it was fun while it lasted.
Please do keep us updated with whatever you get next!

Try a Vauxhall Agila 1.2 pretty good little flyer.;)

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Shortly a new thread will start for an '02 Mazda Demio. Fortunately the banded 14's that I accidently bought on Saturday will fit. :)

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Only thing with the Suzuki (automatic) it doesn't half drink fuel, only get 30 mpg out of it.

Whoah! That is shocking! I was getting 27.5-32MPG from my Honda VTi with 170HP!

My step mum has a CVT Juke Nismo RS and only manages 30MPG in that. Never had an auto myself so can't compare :(

Whoah! That is shocking! I was getting 27.5-32MPG from my Honda VTi with 170HP!

My step mum has a CVT Juke Nismo RS and only manages 30MPG in that. Never had an auto myself so can't compare :(
Same here buddy, used to get 31mpg out of a V6 3 litre Jaguar, with 206 gee gee's.