Suzuki alto springs in K11

So I've read suzuki alto springs fit on K11 micras and provide about a 50mm drop from standard height, has anyone got any pictures of there K11 on a understand you have to get rear alto springs and fit them to your K11 front shocks, do you then also put alto rear springs in the rear ?
And does this provide a level 50mm drop or does the front or rear sit lower ?

Cheers kieren.

ANY PICTURES OF YOUR K11 ON ALTO SPRINGS WOULD BE AWESOME.

lanthewheel
I've fitted rear alto spring all round on mine with corsa rear shocks and it's all good I'll put a pic up tomorrow or I'll change my avatar pic
Did you use only the rear springs from an Alto? To the rear and to the front as well? also from which year? would it be ok with the factory Micra shocks?

Yah rear alto springs all round from a 98ish car. Just got a reg number off autotrader and ordered them from euro car parts (I think) for around £15 each. (I'm in the trade) frank advised the corsa shocks as they are shorter than standard micra ones and won't bottom out. Just had to slightly file down the metal sleeve in the bottom bush of the corsa shocks and in they went

What year corsa shocks? And same with rears all around? And also what is the ride and handling like? I'm planning on putting in a ga16 in so I'm hoping this set up will hold up

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
I did wonder about the spring width as in the micra rear springs are wide but the front are tiny really. So do the alto ones sit nicely in the spring seats?

frank

Club Member
I did wonder about the spring width as in the micra rear springs are wide but the front are tiny really. So do the alto ones sit nicely in the spring seats?
there is a lot of leeway on the rears paul, the locating boss on the chassis fits these (small end) tapered late alto springs and the bigger end fits the axle socket no probs
so anything from 70mm id to 120mm od will sit ok, the front springs however need to be exact dia to fit the upper and lower perches properly

PB190322.JPG

So I've read suzuki alto springs fit on K11 micras and provide about a 50mm drop from standard height, has anyone got any pictures of there K11 on a understand you have to get rear alto springs and fit them to your K11 front shocks, do you then also put alto rear springs in the rear ?
And does this provide a level 50mm drop or does the front or rear sit lower ?

Cheers kieren.

ANY PICTURES OF YOUR K11 ON ALTO SPRINGS WOULD BE AWESOME.
Am I right in thinking that standard Suzuki alto springs can be used as lowering springs and they lower the car by 50mm and level?

Anyone know how many coils it's safe to cut off the Suzuki springs before the shocks start bottoming out?

I've lopped a coil off front and rear (standard front shocks, Corsa rears) but I've still got a fair bit of arch gap on 13s...