suspension

does anyone know where you can get coilovers for my k10.
my project car has started 1.2 engine havin port an polish head work lighten and balanced crank and flywheel,bike carbs and custom manifold from a gte astra been told will be runnin about 100bhp.

100bhp if you get a fast road cam put in aswell!

and you cant get coilovers for the micra (unfortunatly) but ive heard Corsa B coilovers are the nearest match. Some alterations needed.

Don't know. I was told that by someone who fitted them but he's no longer a member of the club.

100bhp if you get a fast road cam put in aswell!

and you cant get coilovers for the micra (unfortunatly) but ive heard Corsa B coilovers are the nearest match. Some alterations needed.

what u means "coilovers for the micra (unfortunatly) but ive heard Corsa B coilovers are the nearest match....."? Are u means suspension K11 can match with K10 right? Front or rear suspension u means....correct me if i'm wrong!

So far, my rear suspension i'm use SR4 suspension but i make a small alteration to install at K10....but is very nice (hard and comfortable driving)...for my front suspension, i use GAB suspension (adjustable soft hard)...:wasntme:

for my experience, K11 suspension can't interchangable with K10 suspension! but has somebody tell to me K11 can match with K10 suspension. How they make a alteration or install?....have somebody know!:glance:

has anyone had problems with the front end losing grip with lowering springs on have tried two sets of front tyres,155/60/13 and 175/60/13 but it still slides out and solutions

Apparently so, I dunno how due to the lack of bolt holes.
What you need is to get both types of standard suspension and hold them up against each other to see.

k11 front shocks will fit the k10, rears wont as the k11 uses different rear suspension, you CAN get adjustable coilovers for the k10 however they cost in the region of £500 which is very expensive prob worth more than the car some good gas shocks and lowering springs will make the k10 handle brilliantly and you can do that all for about £150

mraider thanks for that info mate very useful to know :)

FYI to fit k11 shocks to the k10 you need to use the k10 top cups and fit them to the k11 strut which is extremely simple to do ;)

I have 85 civic rear springs fited under my k10. Thei are stronger then original springs and fit perfectly with stock shoks.
i got a few question on this
i have been told that the civic eg8 springs work on the k10
but my question are
will the civic spring work for both front and rear on the k10
and
will the civic shocks work also
i really need to get a reply on this asap because i live in the Caribbean k10 part are getting hard to find so this can help me
i install a bigger engine and the weight has dropped
the front of the car causing uncomfortable ride
so help me anyone

does anyone know where you can get coilovers for my k10.
my project car has started 1.2 engine havin port an polish head work lighten and balanced crank and flywheel,bike carbs and custom manifold from a gte astra been told will be runnin about 100bhp.

94.7bhp is the current highest BHP figure from a 1.2 which had a few more bits done to it than that, the gearbox will not handle the power for long so you may want to look into uprating that ;)

was going to ask myself what your solution will be for the gearbox/clutch problem? must be done really if your going to run 100+ (unless your up for changing them every few weeks) would be good to see someone over come this would, create more potential for the k10, altho being the ma12 i'm not sure how much bhp the engine block its self will take?

Quote from a well old thread:

Well the march ST gearbox from what I hear fits the CG13, so on that basis the 1.0 and 1.3 would also fit the K10. I have said this for a while now :) I'll go and try it now.....

Ok I dont have a MA10 without a box attached and i cant be bothered to undo it, so I tried a ST box on the CG10. It fits perfectly. What I cannot tell you is if the starter will line up or not. I presume it will..

So people with K10s who keep blowing gearboxes a CG13 box may very well be an option (nice to know since I keep blowing the ST boxes and parts are hard to find..)

Remember reading about this a VERY long time ago http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13167&highlight=K11+gearbox+K10

somone bring me a k11 gearbox and i'll put it in my donor car to see if it actually fits, drive shafts and all

Back