Suspension upgrade

Hey guys seen a lot of people saying alto springs on the rear and front and corsa b or c at the rear would do the trick i live in sri lanka and we have no corsa b spares here even vw stuff are scarce so is there an alternative to the suspension that i could use? Not needed to lower much need the grip and to. Be a little more stiff because it sways abit on cornering
Tyre and rim setup is 15 6.5j 195 at rear and 175 out front

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Suzuki is alright i have them but what about the shock corsa b? Is a no for. Me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Micra Sports Club mobile app
Someone here was playing around with saab 93 shocks for going lower than 50. Probably no help to you. But you just need to find rear shocks that have the right bottom bushing size first, and then find out the rates and hardness etc

"It just looks like a scrotum" - Jeremy Clarkson on the K12

other suzuki rear springs will fit, wagon r etc, and daewoo matiz too

Sorry to bump an old thread but saves me doing another lowering one. Got a few questions about the various springs that can be used and you seem to be the man in the know Frank if you could help with the below questions please I'd appreciate it.

1. I know Suzuki Alto HA11 pre 98 rear springs can be used all around for a -50mm result. Firm or soft?
2. Daewoo Matiz rear springs on front k11 struts for a -50mm result. Firm or soft?
3. So I've seen Suzuki Wagon R springs mentioned. What year? What springs are used? Would they go on front/rear or both? Firm or soft?
4. Suzuki Ignis as above What year? What springs are used? Would they go on front/rear or both? Firm or soft?

Don't know if I've missed any out but just to find out which fit and where and perhaps an admin or mod could make it a sticky? Would stop the repeat questions?

Thanks

frank

Club Member
all those springs are from the same era mate, not sure on the years tho, and there was,nt much difference in height or stiffness
there will be some pics of them all on here somewhere

all those springs are from the same era mate, not sure on the years tho, and there was,nt much difference in height or stiffness
there will be some pics of them all on here somewhere

Thanks for the quick reply Frank. I thought they'd be about the same era but was just to check as doesn't seem to be much info on them regards to year etc. Are the Suzuki Wagon R and Ignis just the same as the Alto springs in the sence the rears will fit front and rear yeah? Thanks again I appreciate your help.

frank

Club Member
they are all about 50mm shorter than stock mate, giving only about 10mm of preload, but same dia, and fit the front better than rear, the wagon r had 1 less coil iirc (so may be a tad stiffer)

51569.jpg

they are all about 50mm shorter than stock mate, giving only about 10mm of preload, but same dia, and fit the front better than rear, the wagon r had 1 less coil iirc (so may be a tad stiffer)

View attachment 58113

Thanks for that frank, I'll keep an eye out in the coming weeks for a set.

So do I put the front alto springs in the rear or the rear alto springs in the rear?

From what I've seen the Alto springs from 94-98 fit all around the Micra and the Ignis and Wagon R rears from the same era are better on the front, also rear Daewoo Matiz springs fit on the front. Not sure if the first gen (93-06) or second gen (98-10) Wagon R springs are used although to me they look the same car just the second gen has a facelift. If anything I've said is wrong then please correct me as I wouldn't want to be giving out any wrong info. Thanks.

Thanks for that frank, I'll keep an eye out in the coming weeks for a set.

From what I've seen the Alto springs from 94-98 fit all around the Micra and the Ignis and Wagon R rears from the same era are better on the front, also rear Daewoo Matiz springs fit on the front. Not sure if the first gen (93-06) or second gen (98-10) Wagon R springs are used although to me they look the same car just the second gen has a facelift. If anything I've said is wrong then please correct me as I wouldn't want to be giving out any wrong info. Thanks.
Really appreciate the feedback? Sorry to bother but last question is what would you recommend as I would want a 50mm drop all round? Would alto springs be best?

Really appreciate the feedback? Sorry to bother but last question is what would you recommend as I would want a 50mm drop all round? Would alto springs be best?

I've no idea what's best tbh. There's people on the forum running various set ups so they'd be best to ask as I've yet to do it. I'll see what's available hopefully in the coming weeks and see where I go. I'm in need of a rear axle so will be getting the corsa b shocks and Alto springs and doing that in one go. Undecided what's the best option for front struts. Would prefer a softer ride for up front as I feel any bumps I go over at the front of the car. Hopefully someone else can chime in what they're running and what they feel is best. Good luck with it ?

OP
OP
J450n
Btw whats the easiest and cheapest way to stiffen the ride in feels like a boat in corners will the alto method sort it somewhat or?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J450n
And another noob question does by any chance kelisa and honda springs fit micras? I have a dealer that does lowering springs for them very cheap here so just wandering because in sri lanka parts are very hard to find

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk